Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort
US$146
US$140
Sagebrush Inn & Suites(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$291
US$260
Travelocity
  • Pool
Hotel La Fonda de Taos(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$162
The Historic Taos Inn(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$97
El Pueblo Lodge(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$163
All reviewslift ticketsthe main lodgefood truckmagic carpetski instructordisc golf courselove this placefour seasonsski areabloody marysspring breakhour lessonski schoolsanta fegreat place for beginnersgreat fudgecooking oil
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We just spent 3 days at Sipapu and had a ball. This place is old and rustic but for $30.00 a night on special who cares. It was CLEAN.We caught fish in the stream and the pond.The apartment we stayed in looked like the Three Stooges remodeled it but for $ 30.00 per night it was fine. We ate at the outdoor grill twice and the food was good. The duplexes looked neater. We will be returning !!

Room Tip: Next time we will stay in the duplexes.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gonenuts44
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My family and I recently stayed at Sipapu and we were extremely disappointed with our whole experience. My grandmother and I both had lodge rooms they were very dirty. No where on the website does it say that the lodge rooms are located on the third floor. There are no elevators so we had to lug al of our things up three flights of metal stairs. The bathrooms were terrible! The toilets were way to close to the wall you had to sit sideways!! The mirrors in the bathroom were different sizes and way too high I had to stand on my toes to do my makeup! When you walked in the rooms there was an awful smell. The rooms did not have blow dryers, hangers, televisions or maid service. The railing on one of the bunk beds broke when the kids were getting into bed.
Several of my other family members stayed in "apartment" rooms which in my opinion were much worse than the lodge rooms. When you walked into the apartments it smelled like their was a gas leak. The bathrooms were very tiny and a tall person would have a very hard time getting into the shower.
This place was awful and I will never ever go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Britty W
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I just left Sipapu without staying the night and ate the no-refund room cost. The hotel-style room was not clean or up to date. There is no air-conditioning. Instead, you get a box fan. The doorknob on the room door was about to fall off. One window was broken and would not stay open to let in air. There are no screens on the windows if you do want to open the window to let in air. I don't mind rough it, but I do like to know in advance that I will be doing so. The description on the website gave no clue as to how rustic the accommodations would be. I'm very disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Mattache
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Super nice people. This was our second trip and we plan on returning many times. Nothing fancy; but the scenery and hominess is so utterly charming. So close to everything. I would highly recommend them. The cost is very reasonable,especially in the off season.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bethofmae
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Just got back from a weekend with a group that camped, rented rooms and rented a bunkhouse room. The place is clean, well kept and is on amazing land...views, fishing, and so cool there. But I am so sleep deprived from all the noise. The first night, we stayed in the campground and were treated to partiers going all night....loud, very loud, drinking, swearing. Up until maybe 1:30. A member of the staff of the resort joined in with the partiers. No one cared. We complained, both to the people making the noise and management. They drove through, but did little else. I decided to stay in the bunkhouse since I needed sleep. I got there at 10:30 pm, well past quiet time. There were 15 or so college age students in front of the bunkhouse drinking beer and they were clearly already drunk. Some familiar faces from the night before, but mostly a new group. It grew over the next hour and went well past midnight directly in front of my window. Really, really loud. No one cared or did anything. They were within easy earshot of the office, but no one of staff said or did anything. There were no phones and I had limited cell phone service and I was alone with my 9 year old, so I didn't dare go out there. I just spent another night without sleep. The next morning I saw that staff members were talking to members of the group up early. Clearly, staff joined in on the party and did nothing to stop it. If you are college age and plan to stay up past midnight and the sound of other people getting drunk and loud doesn't bother you, this place is for you. If you were a family oriented group like up, with more children than adults, I would find another place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family