The Sipapu Lodge is small and family run. We stayed 3 nights in early July, 2006. For us, there were both positives & negatives to the stay.
Positives: BEAUTIFUL country in the national forest with lots of hiking trails and places to picnic. Quiet night and day. Helpful staff. Clean comfortable room. Restaurant had yummy burgers. Hummingbirds everywhere.
Negatives: No maid service, heater had to be turned on and then did not work very well, door knobs & towel racks were falling off, no blowdryer. We stayed in the hotel rooms and for whatever reason were placed on the side toward the road. It would have been nicer to face the stream and listen to it at night rather than cars going by.
Just a note: There was also no TV or phone and cellphone service was not available. It is also about 40 minutes from Taos NM, and an hour or so from Las Vegas NM. Nice chain hotels on the outskirts of Taos were charging the same rates we paid at Sipapu.
Sipapu would be perfect for a family reunion, hiking club, or other group looking for a small beautiful backdrop to a get-together. A group of 30 to 40 people could rent the block of hotel rooms and have a blast. Just remember to bring the extras if you require them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 20 miles southeast of Taos and 2 hours north of Albuquerque, Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort offers over 40 accommodations, including suites, cabins, historic lodge rooms, RV sites and more. All of the slopeside rooms are located steps from Sipapu's main chair lift, and most include kitchens and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sipapu Ski And Summer Resort
- Sipapu Ski & Summer Hotel Vadito