We came to rock tail as the second part to our honeymoon - we arrived and and we greeted by the staff - lovely touch - then we went to be talked through what went on - it was pretty quiet there as it was June but we didn't mind
The staff didn't know it was our honeymoon but when they found out they upgraded us to the honeymoon suite - great touch
Room was great - beautiful view of the forest and the sea and it was very clean
The food was tasty - really like the BBQ night by the pool - beef was yummy
The staff at the hotel were fun, knowledgeable and extremely helpful
So the dive centre ...
We hadn't ever been diving ever before so one day we went snorkelling and on a boat trip - saw some amazing fish and spinning dolphins ! Wow
The next day we went scuba diving and heard a whale and saw just amazing beautiful fish and creatures.
The staff at the dive centre were great - they we knowledgable, caring and very good with me and my husband as we were very nervous. Thank you guys!
If we came back to South Africa again - would defiantly come back!
One thing I would say is that our doctor in the UK said we didn't need malaria tablets but rocktail is in a malaria area, so best to get them!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for fun, adventure and a place to put your feet up then you're heading to the right place. Rocktail Beach Camp, beautifully set within a lush region of forested dunes, is the launch pad to some of the most beautiful beaches and pristine coral reefs in the world. What's more, Rocktail has exclusive access to this area! Your charmingly rustic en-suite accommodation is hidden within the tropical shade of this woodland sanctuary and only a short walk from the main area which includes a dining room, lounge with a large wraparound veranda, children's playroom and swimming pool. With extraordinary diving and snorkelling, turtle encounters and other beach activities this breathtaking ecosystem is waiting to be explored. Did you know? Rocktail closes for a short period each year to host Children in the Wilderness camps - a programme dedicated to helping local children build life skills and a love for the environment. Coastal forest interspersed with grasslands and waterberry/palm savannah side by side with pristine beaches characterise Rocktail. Unspoiled reefs form part of the protected Maputaland Marine Reserve. As well as diving, snorkelling and seasonal turtle excursions, we offer cultural visits guided walks (on request). Considered one of the best dive sites in the world, whales, dolphins and sharks are found here, while the smaller critters include butterflyfish, clown triggerfish, surgeonfish, fire-goby and scissortail. Birding is outstanding, with a number of special coastal forest species. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Wilderness Safaris Rocktail Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocktail Beach Camp Hotel Maputaland Coastal Forest Reserve
- Wilderness Safaris Rocktail Camp South Africa/KwaZulu-Natal