“Excellence in Pongola”

and 1 more site!
Kwalala Lodge
Ranked #2 of 16 Pongola B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have stayed at Kwalala numerous times and have never found it to be less than excellent. The rooms and bathrooms are great and the food is fantastic. The staff are efficient, honest and friendly. I love my visits to Pongola because it is such a pleasure to stay at Kwalala!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ClaireMU6087EW

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I regret the day I went to stay at Kwa Lala due to bad attitude from staff and the manager. I book to sleep only one night from what it seems to a food experience turned to be a bad one. When I woke the following day without realising it's that time of the month. It happened that I messed the bed linen a bit. To my surprise the three staff members where on my case to wash the linens or pay R200 for them. I asked to speak to the manager and she was not there but they called her. She was so ride that she ordered me to pay if I'm not interested in washing the linens and when I asked her if it's their policy and she never even cared enough to answer that but to order me to wash those linens. I was never humiliated and violated in my life. I've been around the world slept in many places and it's not the 1st time happening which I was never told to wash the bed linen but in that hotel was told not to stress these things happen. I will never recommend people to go there but to discourage them from sleeping there. I didn't understand why did they go into such a business if they can't expect things like that and won't be able to handle it. And the manager including her staff, I think they need customer service training in dealing with customers and such things and not order your customers to wash their bed linens or they are not ready to run this kind of a business.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank vuvupat
Reviewed 4 February 2014

If I had only known about Kwa Lala sooner! This is undoubtably the best BNB in the area! From the reception, to the rooms, to the food. Simply excellent!

Highly recommended for anyone traveling in the area!

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had a great stay at Kwa Lala it was home way from home. Break fast was always lovely , from the delicious home made tomato jam, the crossanats,the chillie sauce. Ohh the rooms very comfortable beds, very clean bathrooms. We enjoyed our stay, we deffinetly coming back.

From: Phindiwe, Neli and Keisha.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The ease and hassle free booking- surprise
The warm and unpretentious welcome - surprise
The delicious dinner and connoisseur wine selection - surprise
The clean and well appointed rooms - surprise
The child friendly accommodating attitude - surprise
We will be back - NO surprise

Susan and Leon, thank you very much ! Stefanie and Family

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stefanie M
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We thought we would enjoy a night in rural Africa and chose to stay at Kwa-Lala. What an unexpected delight! Susan greeted us with much warmth and friendliness and showed us to our comfortable, spotless room with wonderfully stocked fridge. Dinner was outstanding and we thoroughly enjoyed interacting with the other guests around charming pub. We again enjoyed an abundant, tasty breakfast and shall wait patiently for our next visit in 2014! Susan and her hubby are excellent hosts with extremely high standards. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy D
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed one night after a long drive from Kruger National Park on our way to St Lucia We were warmly welcomed by Susan. The accommodation is first class we had a lovely three course dinner and super breakfast. Great place to stay!
John and Sue