“Beautiful decor and gourmet food”
Review of The Gourmet Barn - CLOSED

The Gourmet Barn
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: WE LOVE GOURMET COFFEES, MILKSHAKES, FRESLY BAKED BREADS, CROISSANTS, PASTRIES, STEAMY POT PIES, PIZZA & PASTA, GOURMET BURGERS & STEAKS BUT MOST OF ALLWE OUR LOVE CUSTOMERS!!
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Beautiful decor and gourmet food”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were attracted by the bright red building in the main street of Dullstroom. Even though it didn't look busy at all, we decided to take a chance and go for breakfast. What a pleasant ambiance. The décor was right up my alley - modern farmhouse style. Our helpful waiter seated us right next to the fireplace - really cosy! The food was delicious and has a modern twist that works. Oh - and I have to mention that they have the BEST red cappuccinos EVER!!!! We liked it so much that we went back for breakfast the very next day. It is great food in a great location at a great price!

Visited April 2014

“Great expectations, disappointing results”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The Gourmet Barn sounds and appears very promising. However, the service was very slow and the waitress got the order wrong - I shared my salad with my aunt as the waitress never ordered her food. I ordered a Caprese salad and received a bowl of leaves (no basil) and bits of grated cheese on top. Although the salad was delicious it was definitely not a Caprese salad and it was definitely not worth R75!

• Visited April 2014
GourmetBarn, Owner at The Gourmet Barn, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your review, reviews like this tend owners to keep tiptoeing when it comes to providing a great food experience in Dullstroom. I have attended to this matter as soon as I discovered your review. In a small town like Dullstroom we might run out of certain products during busy seasons, which might have a conclusive result not to find certain product on the selected food item. We usually replace greens and herbs with baby spinach or rocket as stated on the menu in red, cheese you revered to is Pecorino shavings which is the garnish only and I assure you if one could share then it is well worth the R75. My apologies for the trainee/waitron not been attentive to your orders, matters like this were never given to my attention on the same given day.
Denver, Colorado
“Very cute and quaint!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We loved the service and the food, but it did take some time for the food to be prepared. Great place to eat if you aren't in a rush.

Visited April 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We enjoyed the breakfast at the Gourmet Barn, and I particularly enjoyed the Toast with French which was reasonably priced, tasty and filling.

• Visited March 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Good food but slow service”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We arrived just after morning brunch. Food was very good, but I could have prepared and cooked it faster myself. Not once did the manageress ask us how the service or food was.

Visited March 2014
GourmetBarn, Owner at The Gourmet Barn, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for the review. At The Gourmet Barn we prepare our foods fresh with every order to ensure quality, we then tend to run a bit slow on the food services when we trade during the busy seasons and long weekends. We love our customers and for future reference we will ensure that personal touch with every customer.