“Yet again, outstanding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ulusaba Private Game Reserve
Ulusaba Safari Lodge
Reviewed 5 October 2010

This is our 5th visit, and yet again, ulusaba was fantastic. Since we last came we have been to Singita, but Ulusaba wins. Staff are the best thing, universally helpful, friendly and efficent. Rangers and Trackers are best in class. I cannot recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 September 2010

I was told you will never visit Africa once...this was my first visit and Ulusaba was a dream, I would return tomorrow!
We loved the atmosphere of the safari lodge and would recommend it over the Rock Lodge, which was stunning but didn't feel like you were 'on' safari. we soon got into the early morning routine and actually woke before the alarm as we were so excited so be going out.
We stayed for 4 nights, I wanted to stay for longer when we were booking, but my husband said oh you'd be bored after 4 nights, reality after 4 nights you simply don't want to leave, trust me it gets under your skin and you want to stay!
the air transfer was fun, even though I was a little apprehensive to start as not a great flier but it really is worth the 1hr trip and I don't regret it at all, arriving this way is special. We transferred out by road as we took a flight direct to Cape Town from Kruger this was also interesting to see the surrounding area.
The food as an added bonus is amazing!
If you get the chance to go, GO!
The blog on their website is also good to get you in the mood.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Great place, well managed, well run, typical Virgin people focus. Location great, game drives well managed, very professional, very knowledgeable. Food and drink always available.
What they do, they do very well.
Room small for price and other lodges.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We have spent 3 nights in this Game reserve.It was realy amaizing and surprising.You leave realy in the bush and animals are walking in the lodge.Decorations are marvelous, staff very helpfull.Great food and great atmosphere.Next time we will go to the Rock Lodge, another place in Ulusaba Game reserve you can dream about.
Bravo Richard.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2010

If you should ever choose to go to "the Bush", please consider this wonderful place.
Our stay from start to finish was totally amazing. The game drives were fascinating-- our ranger, Duard and tracker, John were the best! They made our trip a "10"! I really wasn't sure what to expect but, I really felt like it was a true safari, not just a drive through Animal Kingdom in Disneyworld. The reserve is stunningly beautiful and I really didn't mind the 5:30 wake up call for our safari knowing that a warm poncho and hot water bottle was waiting for me when we climbed into the truck. I loved drinking coffee in the morning in the bush and then cocktails at nite were fun, too!
I think the coolest thing about the safari trip was that my Iphone was able to send text messages with pics attached. My husband and daughter back home got some play by play moments from me--I loved it and so did they!
Breakfast was delightful, we would sit outside and watch the animals come to the watering hole while we enjoyed the best eggs ever. Lunch was a repeat except the eggs were traded in for delicious Kudu burgers-yum!
I have minimal complaints--I wasn't crazy about the open shower in our bathroom, the spray seemed to go everywhere and I wish they had hooks or bars for me to hang up my towel. I would have been glad to reuse my towel a couple of times but, didnt have anywhere to hang it.
Not much space to store clothing items but, not a big deal since I was barely in the room.
The workout room was minimal, no tv, couldnt get the music to play. I probably would have used it a few more times since you really can't go for a run or walk in the bush but way to boring.. They had a treadmill and a bike for cardio, so not much. But, this pushed me to go fishing --and we loved it. It was so fun, and we caught quite a few fish. John showed me how to hook my worm and use the rod--best thing--we drank some beers and enjoyed the hippos hanging out at the other end of the lake that we fished in.
They even cleaned and cooked a few of the fish and we had them for lunch!
I loved Ulusaba and if I were ever to come back would choose this place again!
These people know how to do it right-!!-from our Champagne greeting to our send off--phenomonal!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Short and sweet, simply the mst flawless place and saw all 5 big game every day and right up very close, had never wanted a safari now I will make sure I will be going again, Go Branson, Go Virgin, and now I can even fly V-Australia to JBerg too!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I just returned from 4 nights and words can not describe the entire experience. Everything was wonderful, from the resort, food, wine, staff and especially our jeep's guide and tracker Sam and Donald. You definitely do leave a piece of your heart when you leave and I can not wait to return. I would recommend it for everyone!

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Londolozi Private Game Reserve
#3 of 43 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve
Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Res...
#1 of 1 in Inyati Private Game Reserve
Simbambili Game Lodge
Simbambili Game Lodge
#11 of 43 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
1 mi away
Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve
Leopard Hills Private Game Reser...
#1 of 1 in Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve

Been to Ulusaba Safari Lodge? Share your experiences!