“White Shark Cage Diving - Amazing experience to do in a lifetime!”

White Shark Diving Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: White Shark Diving Co specializes in exclusive GREAT WHITE SHARK adventure tours in Gansbaai, Western Cape, South Africa. Rated #1 by industry peers, we strive to deliver excellence by being the only Shark Cage Diving Company to offer exclusive & private tours with limited seating capacity for extra comfort, safety and dive time! We are the exclusive carrier of all International Celebrities, VIPs and Sporting Teams. White Shark Diving Company have been advocates for the protection of the Great White Shark species; by pioneering sustainable methods of practice, founding and funding scientific research initiatives and being a key player in the development and implementation of The Great White Shark Protection Foundation of South Africa.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was a really amazing experience! Very unique also by the professionals people (Lalo &Bobby) involved from "White Shark Diving Company"! I strongly reccomend everyone who arrive in Cape Town area in South Africa! It is totally safe and for shure you will not regret the decision! :)

There are newer reviews for White Shark Diving Company

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Let me tell you all types of thoughts were rushing through my head as I ventured from Cape Town to Gansbaai to find the White Shark Diving Company. Once there we enjoyed a nice breakfast and training before going out on the boat. Shortly after a 10-15 minute ride we began chumming to lure the sharks towards our boat! Again, in my mind not the smartest thing to do in a boat on the water far from shore! We wee told to suit up for the shark cage diving experience and there was no turning back. The water wasn't that cold at all or perhaps it was the adrenaline rushing through my body as I entered the water with Sharks!!!! In no time I was face to face with great whites! What a rush... The largest one we encounter was about 9 meters or roughly 15 feet long! Let me tell you that when you are in the water and it swims by it is like a bus passing you...HUGE! All in all we saw 9 sharks that outing and were told that adults could grow to 12+ meters long! That's 34 feet!!! I recommend this experience as it will give you a knowledgeable outlook about great whites and dispel previous misconceptions about that movies might have construed. Get out and dive!

12  Thank We_Travel_A_Lot_2011
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a great time with the White Shark Diving Co. We saw three sharks and got to spend as much time in the cage as we wanted to, since many people got in and out after they saw a few sharks. We had 12 passengers on the boat and it was a little crowed - anymore would have been too many. However, it was nothing to complain about...the experience was incredible! They had a light breakfast waiting for us and a nice warm lunch after the trip. There are hot showers on site as well, which is nice because the water is so cold. They also had snacks on the boat. If this is on your bucket list, this is a great company to go with!

6  Thank Babynole80
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was a great company to work with. I booked a private charter trip for 20 people and they picked us up early in the morning from Cape Town to take us to the boat. They picked us up from our hotel and there was nothing more to think about. They produced a great video, provided breakfast and lunch and were incredibly responsive in the planning process. We saw a ton of sharks and it was totally worth it! It feels completely safe, so don't be worried - the staff really knows the water and the animals. Only advice - if you're prone to sea sickness, take some nausea pills.

6  Thank cbolotsky
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This company is very professional. The safety briefing is spot on and covers all the questions you may have.
These guys ensure you have a good time and that everyone gets to see the sharks close up.
Weather is a massive factor when doing this but I was lucky yesterday with a great group, great weather and great sharks.
Trompie (The Driver) is a really nice patient guy and gave us plenty of information before and after the dive en route, even saw whales at Hermanus on the way home.
All in all a very good company set on making your day a great one and with a DVD of your trip at the end it was a really good day.
When I return to Gaansbai again, I will be booking with these guys again.

8  Thank Matt F