“Dishonest”

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dishonest”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Our dive, for five people, was cancelled due to bad weather, which is fair enough. Unfortunately we had prepaid and not a single cent has been refunded as per their policy. After four months and many emails I've given up. Totally dishonorable.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Andre B

Grand Rapids, MI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“THEY WILL LITERALLY STEAL YOUR MONEY!”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Trip was cancelled twice due to weather (Jan 3 and 4 2013). We left the area on 01/04 for Kruger and then Vic Falls and then back to the USA. Despite telling me via email that they would refund our money and despite my five or six emails asking, reminding, pleading to have our money refunded, they never did. And now, they don't respond at all to emails or return phone calls. So, while i will survive the loss of the $440 we paid - i would like to make sure you do not fall victim. After reading here, you'll see this is just part of their business plan. Here is the contact information for the guy we worked with:

Gerhard
UnrealDive Expeditions
South African Tel: 071 684 7136 or +27 71 684 7136 (if you phoning internationaly)
UK Tel: 070 3188 2952

There are several other companies and i recommend you read their reviews and choose one of them.

Visited January 2013
5 Thank Nick K
Squamish, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unorganized and a cheat”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I organized a fairly extensive trip with Paul at Unreal Dive. Despite bad reviews I had read about him, i gave him a chance to explain himself, which he did, and so I gave him the business.

Paul did get me good pricing on many things, which is excellent. However his follow up while planning the trip was weak and I often had to chase after him.

Finally the trip was planned and I arrived. On each day I had to email or call Paul to find out when and how I would be picked up the next day (there was no itinerary provided). One of my tours was cancelled, and he did refund me for that.

However, I was then double charged several hundred dollars for a transfer at Kruger, which Paul continually promised to refund to me and never did. I chased after him for about 3-4 months and finally gave up.

It's too bad, because despite his disorganization and poor follow up, I would have happily come to this site to say that my experience with Paul was different than the many negative reviews - but instead I have to say I agree with what others have said. One of the few negative moments of my entire journey.

*I should note my trip was actually May 2011, it just took me a really long time to write a review and I am unable to backdate my date visit that far.

Visited February 2012
3 Thank Tania M
Phoenix, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Better Price”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We did not realize until we got there that Unreal Dive is just a booking agency - we thought they were the actual adventure. That being said they were very helpful and we got a better price with them than anyone else. The only issue because they just book is that they do not tell you the time of your dive until the day before the dive. That being said - they ran a special and the price was much cheaper. Check the website and if they run a special do it - otherwise book direct with White Shark Adventures.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Lloyd B
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Close to Great Whites”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

An awesome exhilerating experience with close ups of huge Great Whites and of whales too. Not to be missed

Visited November 2012