“Sunset in the Hot Tub”

The Roundhouse Guesthouse
Ranked #7 of 31 Gansbaai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Spent an enjoyable night's stay in February en route from Cape Town to Mossel Bay. Lovely welcome, excellent breakfast and the highlight was watching the sunset from the hot tub! The number of stairs to climb make it awkward for anyone with a disability, but beautiful views and a great welcome - thank you so much.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We could not recommend the Roundhouse more! We only had one night there on our garden route drive, but all of us wished we had more! The building is so beautifully unique, the view exquisite, the decoration simple and lovely, the hospitality wonderful and the breakfast delicious.
Would have loved to have been there during whale season, but really enjoyed the shark cage diving we were able to do there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BeStillAndTravel
Reviewed 20 February 2014

As a woman traveling to South Africa by myself for the first time I was a little bit nervous. Dave (the owner of the Roundhouse) picked me up at the airport and immediately made me feel at home. He told me all about the area as we drove from Cape Town to Gansbaii, stopping several times so that I could take pictures. I saw Southern Right Whales leaping out of the water in Hermanus! The Roundhouse is very nice. They were out of regular rooms so I was upgraded to a nicer room at no charge. Breakfast was delicious. The staff (yay Elana!) was incredibly nice and did everything that they could to make sure that I was comfortable (driving me around town/telling me about growing up in Gansbaii/answering any questions that I had). The surrounding area is incredibly beautiful as well. Dave organized my first cage dive and then managed to get me on another boat last minute when I decided I NEEDED to experience that one more time before leaving. He took myself and a few other guests to the most southern tip of Africa to feed an enourmous, wild stingray by hand. He also drove me to a facility where they rehabilitate cheetahs (I touched a cheetah!). Dave drove me back into Cape Town at the end of my stay and even recommended a great hotel and a restaurant (Mama Africa) where I ended up eating that night. Thanks again to Dave and Elana!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank R M
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here whilst in the region for 3 nights. Clean,modern amenities in a super location in the 'shark diving capital of the world'. Some very high quality eating establishments near by and the Guesthouse itself serves up a really good breakfast with plenty of choice. Highly recommended establishment with the jacuzzi on the sun deck being the cherry on the cake.

Room Tip: We stayed in Cetecea room which was on the ground floor and perfect for a pair of travelling divers.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We were here for the third year in a row! Everytime we come here we feel very comfortable. The rooms really have a lot of space and the vicinity of Gansbaai invites you to make a stroll along the ocean. The Roundhouse serves a good breakfast where we advise to take the yoghurt with muesly which is yummy yummy! Next year we will certainly spend again two nights at this guesthouse! Other advantahe are the King Size beds that you won't find often in South Africa.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed in Gansbaai for the shark diving and stayed at the Roundhouse. The cottage house was great, 3 bedrooms, full kitchen, very clean, nice landscaping and working wifi. More than enough room for 2 of us-could have stayed longer. Easy to locate, as you can spot it from the main road.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Roundhouse. Although I was only there for the one night, the staff were helpful, it was clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend to others and will visit again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends