“White Shark Cage Diving” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of White Shark Safaris

White Shark Safaris
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you are an adrenaline junkie, ticking off another experience on your bucket-list or planning a special family outing, we aim to give you the most exciting day of your life when you choose to come Shark Cage Diving and/or Viewing with White Shark Safaris. It is our privilege at White Shark Safaris - to offer you an opportunity to dive and view these magnificent animals in a safe and professional environment and have lots of FUN at the same time.
Cape Town
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“White Shark Cage Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

21/04/2013 - My husband and son-in-law had an experience of a life time. We had stayed at accommodation in Gansbaai and ventured to the site to be there at 6.30am, on arrival there was a good breakfast on offer. My husband was extremely nervous to go on this trip, he ensured on checking out the cage and boat before departing. They went out on 'Nemo' and out of the all the boats their cage seemed to be the strongest. The staff were all very professional and friendly. On return they received another good meal, and a video which had cost R300, which we thought was a little expensive, but a trip not necessarily to be repeated in the too near future. They thoroughly enjoyed the trip. I cannot wait to go. The only downside was, that the office/call centre, did not give proper info when we enquired the night before, where we were to meet, as we wanted to see where we had to be beforehand.

Visited April 2013

Messelbroek, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

1 st : When booking this trip at the V&A waterfront we were told that they had a professional photographer on board who would be making footage and filming the entire adventure for R200.00. We were told on the day of the adventure that the footage would be edible. Well, the footage was not professional at all - very poor quality instead, NOT EDIBLE & ended up costing us R300.00 instead.

2 nd : We were also told about the air supply system that was exclusively to their operation. But on the day we were told that they preferred not to use it as it would scare the sharks away. However it is a big point of their advertising and promotion material. Looking at other reviews now, I realise the air system is never really used. It is either broken or too noisy...

3rd : The schedule went completely wrong. We were supposed to be picked up between six and seven am, the night before we received a txt message saying we would be collected at nine. Of course we were not the only ones and a bunch of other customer needed collecting in the city, in other words, we ended up in CPT traffic jams! so we only arrived in Gansbaai at 12.00 noon!! After a short briefing we had to wait for the boat to come back in so we ended up only leaving after one pm. As opposed to getting back to CPT at 5pm we only got back at 7pm.

A few plus points:

- Everyone did get about 30 minutes cage time
- We did see 6 sharks (12 if u add the sharks on the boat after our money)
- Lunch & light snacks were provided while out in sea and back at base.
- The guys were pleasant and did ensure good atmosphere on the boat.

Just extremely disappointing when enjoyed the trip but discover that in fact you have been ripped off. I am also disappointed to hear & see so little reaction on their behalf to previously posted negative reviews.
Next time, I will probably look into a different organisation.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Amaroulla
Whitesharks, Guest Relations Manager at White Shark Safaris, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear Sir

We do acknowledge your frustration and the fact regarding misinformation. However, do bear in mind that you booked your shark trip through a booking agency that only secures space with our company as per our own availability. That might have been also the reason for the later trip meeting time.
As per the air supply system: the system is working pretty fine. However, as the sharks has been moving close into shore, very much into the shallows - the shark activity is not too great. By not using the air supply system the chances is better for all our clients to experience the sharks upclose and personal.

Sydney, Australia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Shark viweing for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

After being picked up from our hotel at 7 am we had a 2 hour drive to Gansbaai for our shark viewing. I booked this shark dive in February through an agent for White Shark Adventure and advised them of my husbands mobility problem. The agent advised this was not a problem, however he did not tell White Shark Adventure until I was there showing them the email.
Even with this late notice the owner wanted to make sure we had a great experience. As my husband could not do the stairs to the briefing or breakfast room, the owner graciously opened his home to allow my husband to have a meal and watch the briefing on TV. To get to the boat we were driven down by bus and received assistance to board the boat. The trip out to the cage took about 15 minutes and when we arrived we received another briefing from Andrew the captain. It was then time to suit up.
My husband and children decided to be the last group in the cage, which takes about 5 people at a time. On board we watched Kennedy expertly cast the lure in front of the cage to attract the shark, whilst at the same time another crewman was casting chum of the stern of the boat. It was not long before the first shark appeared. On deck we had fantastic sight of the sharks as they cruised by the cage and attacked the lure as it was pulled in towards the cage.
It was time for my husband to get in the cage and Andrew expertly guided him into the cage. He and my children had a great experience in the cage and got some fantastic photos of the sharks gliding past the cage and on the surface attacking the lure. Getting out was a problem as my husband has no strength in his legs or arms but with the help of Andrew, Freddy and Kennedy they dragged him on board safely.
On dry land again we had a lunch and again the owner graciously opened his home to my husband. I cannot thank White Shark Adventures enough for making this experience so enjoyable for my husband and children.

3 Thank BF55
It was a pleasure to host yourself, your husband and your two children onboard "Nemo". We are always willing to walk that extra mile for all our clients in ensuring effective, professional service delivery.

Ottawa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A lot of fun!! And a good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

We were picked up at 4am in Cape Town and driven onsite near Hermanus in a little over 2 hours. Breakfast was eggs, toast, muffins, coffee - all quite nice. We headed out on the water in some fairly big swells, but overall the sea was very calm. That didn't stop one passenger from getting seasick - but what a trooper, she ate more food, was sick again, ate more food - she did not give up! I am glad i wasn't in the shark cage next to her though :D Poor lass. Anyway, we managed to see 4 sharks, had a nice boat ride, saw the beautiful coast. We even saw some dolphins on the way out. Upon return we had a decent spaghetti lunch, and off we returned to Cape Town. Enroute we passed through wine country and even squeezed in a tasting at the Rivendell vineyard. All of this for a very decent price. The shark dive trip MADE my father-in-law's visit to South Africa.

Austin, Texas, United States
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

White Shark Adventures offered a wonderful experience at a very reasonable price. They picked my up at my house and drove us 2.5 hours to the location. During our trip, we saw five different sharks that were up to 15 feet in length. The boat and gear were is excellent condition and the staff was very knowledgabe and friendly. I would definitely recommend this company to any of my friends. Also, I left my camera in the van after it dropped me off and they returned it to my free of charge. Additionally, they were very responsive to my emails and followed up to make sure that it was returned. I had a wonderful time and hope that you use White Shark Adventures as your excursion provider.

Hello John.
It was a pleasure in hosting you and your friends with us.
Hopefully, we will be seeing you again in the near future.