“Great Experience”

White Shark Safaris
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you are an adrenaline junkie, ticking off another experience on your bucket-list or planning a special family outing, we aim to give you the most exciting day of your life when you choose to come Shark Cage Diving and/or Viewing with White Shark Safaris. It is our privilege at White Shark Safaris - to offer you an opportunity to dive and view these magnificent animals in a safe and professional environment and have lots of FUN at the same time.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Fabulous experience - we were picked up from our Hotel, the 12 Apostles in Cape Town and upon arrival got a great breakfast and then a briefing. We then went on the boat, it took 20 mins to get to the area, then interacted with 2/3 great whites

the staff were extremely helpful and answered all our questions prior to booking - special thanks to Abraham

Definitely worth doing - DO IT !!! - Melanie and Grant

PS you dont have to go into the cage to see the great sharks

Visited August 2013
Whitesharks, Public Relations Manager at White Shark Safaris, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Hello Grant & Melanie
Thank you for joining us and even more thanks for this great review.
I am glad too hear that you were able to experience true South African hospitality.
Warm Regards
White Shark Adventures

Greensboro
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thrilling, Awesome Experience, You Must Check it Out!!!!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

A group of 18 went on a trip of a Lifetime and we were signed up to go Shark Cage Diving!!! We had no idea what to expect. However, it was worth every Minute!! We were served a nice meal, then we got ready and boarded our Boat!! It went very smooth and we were not rushed because we wanted to enjoy everything about the nice scenery at Gansbaai!! I advise you to take some tablets for sea sickness or motion sickness, personally I don't really like taking medicine that much and I took a motion sickness tablet didn't feel sick at all during the boat ride. Bring a set of clothes to wear after getting into the water, water shoes, and a bag to put wet clothes!! The staff give you an option of using air supply or not, I would not use an air supply because the sharks don't like that and i think it makes the experience much better!!! It was also a clear and awesome day to be at the water which made the boat experience lovely as well. It was absolutely awesome seeing the Sharks close-up and we also saw a whale that day out in the distance!! The Crew and staff are very friendly and outgoing people! I got in the cage with the last group of 6 and it was incredible!! The sharks were amazing to see and I would sooo like to do that again and have another experience of the Shark Cage!!! I advise any South African willing to overcome the fear of Sharks to Go Shark Cage Diving!!!

Greensboro, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had a group of 18 and everyone had a chance to see the sharks, up close and personal. The crew and the staff were remarkable, the great food was an extra bonus. Thanks for making it such a safe and remarkable experience!

1 Thank susanlynnr2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Thrill of a Lifetime”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

It was a bucket list item to cage dive with great white sharks off Cape Town, South Africa and my husband and I decided to go for our honeymoon this past December 2012. We chose this company due to good reviews and the advertising of the air supply while in the cage. Though this was such an incredible experience there were many cons we noted during our trip. We do however plan to return to Cape Town again for another cage dive adventure.

The breakfast and lunch were average; the staff were all wonderful though. We were suited for wetsuits aboard the boat, though it may have been easier to put wetsuits on prior to boarding the boat. The waters were rough, one individual did get sick on the boat. If you think you might definitely take medicine prior!!

We only had to wait about 20 minutes before spotting our first great white. My husband and I were among the first in. Word of advice, if you want to use their "constant air supply" get into the cage first. After our first group the air supply was turned off due to being "too noisy" and no other groups were allowed to use it. Also being the first group in we had the best shark sightings underwater, not saying this is true in all circumstances, but it was the best the day we went. There were about 15 people on our boat that day which meant three separate groups into the cage. After the last group we were not offered a second chance into the cages. My husband and I were ready to jump back in, as it was advertised that a second chance in the cage would be offered..it wasn't. We were highly disappointed with that!

Overall, it was an incredible experience. Despite all of the negatives, we were still in a cage up close and personal with a great white shark - truly unbelievable! I highly recommend doing a cage diving tour if in South Africa.

Visited December 2012
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Just experienced a thrill of a lifetime today! Got up close with 5 great whites all thanks to the crew of white shark adventures. Kudos to our videographer who documented our trip. I will never forget this day for the rest of my life. Cheers!!

Visited July 2013
Whitesharks, Public Relations Manager at White Shark Safaris, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Hi Jude
It was a pleasure hosting your group with us. I can assure you that both ourselves and definitely your group were enjoying the magical day with the great whites.
I do hope that we will see you again in the near future.
Warm Regards