Villa Ocean Crest Guesthouse and B&B
Baleens(Hermanus)
All reviewsshark cage divingjohanneshosttwincoastharbourwhales
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is more than a Guesthouse you get a friendly welcome into a nice home. We would have love to stay longer but sadly we only had two nights. Clean, cosy, honest, Thank you, kind regards from Iceland, Anton and Marge :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Johannes B, Owner at Villa Ocean Crest Guesthouse and B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

It where a pleasure to host you, I do hope that you have enjoy your trip to SA and will come again sometime in the future.... you always be very welcome. Stay for free if you arrive on the same date's that you have stayed here....(-:
I treat my guests as I would like to be treated. You where a wonderful couple.... pity you have to move on.. so much to see and explore...

Reviewed 6 January 2014

My friends and I had the best staying with Johannes. He is a wonderful host and gave us plenty of helpful tips for places to visit, he truly went the extra mile. The rooms very very nice and tidy! Johannes prepared a delicious breakfast every morning. Would definitely recommend the guesthouse.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Johannes B, Owner at Villa Ocean Crest Guesthouse and B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you very much, it where a pleasure to host you and I do hope one day you will pop in again. The red wine of the Western Cape are the best and I do know you did appreciate it.. Your friends did come by on there way past to the Garden Route, I where closed but accommodate them. They such nice friends of yours.. Come and stay in my apartment in Cape Town on your next visit. Your are most welcome.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I have spent our one year aniversary at Villa Ocean Crest and we had a wonderful time. The atmosphere is intimate, cosy, the home away from home and the host is extremely warm and helpful, he goes the extra mile to make you feel welcome. The rooms are nice, tidy, the breakfast is delicious and the attention put into details makes you feel appreciated. There are many places to see around Gansbaai and many things to do ... We finally saw the whales just before we went back. We will definitely go back to the same place as it was a very positive experience. Thank you Johannes for being part of our special memories!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Johannes B, Owner at Villa Ocean Crest Guesthouse and B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

It where wonderful to host you as a couple, although you have waited a long time for the whales to show, you must be glad they all go end of November and then it is just the odd number or 4 that is floating around with very small babies. I am glad that you enjoy your anniversary and that you also enjoy the meal at The Blue Goose Restaurant. It is nice to do something special on your anniversary and I am glad that I have the privilege to be part of it. That there be many more. God Bless.

Thanks you very much for the feed back...

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed there with my 15 year old son in late October. Johnans was charming and very knowledgeable about the local area and activities. Nothing was too much trouble for him. Would recommend this guesthouse to anybody thinking of staying near Gansbaai.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank niall m
Johannes B, Owner at Villa Ocean Crest Guesthouse and B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thanks to choose my place to stay, long staying guests like you are most welcome. I appreciate you comments, every holiday is different from person to person and to bring you son to visit South-Africa, from shark diving to the National Parks must have been awesome for him. I am just glad that I can have played a little part in making you holiday in South-Africa the most memorial and a experience that neither of you will forget.

Please visit us again.
Johannes Bruyns

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I only stayed here for one night as I was on one of the Great White shark diving excursions the next day, but it was a great little place to stay. Johannes is very friendly and even showed me around Gansbaai. I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Johannes B, Owner at Villa Ocean Crest Guesthouse and B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thanks for reviewing us. I do hope your onward stay in South-Africa where great. It is such a big country and your time where so short. Taking guests to the farm to meet locals I like to do. At least you see the country living also and the best is to meet the local people of the region and fellow South Africans. On my travel I always wonder how do the houses and people that live there look and it is great that I can take such enjoyable tourist to the farm for a cup of tea and chat.
Hope to see you some time again. It where nice to host you...