“Great experience from start to finish!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shark Cage Diving South Africa

Shark Cage Diving South Africa
More attraction details
Owner description: Thrilling cage diving experience close to Cape Town .A unique opportunity to visit the wonder of the great white shark in a safe and professional environment . Experience sheer adrenalin of meeting great white sharks .
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great experience from start to finish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We went on the apex predator on a day when we thought it would be unlikely to see anything due to bad visibility in the water and bad weather. We could tell that the team were working really hard to get us into the best position to see the sharks. Their efforts paid off and we all got to get in the cages a couple of times. The food and drink on board was plentiful and tasty, the crew were all extremely friendly and the boat itself was incredible. We saw some big sharks and have an excellent DVD to remember it by. Breakfast before departure and warm soup on return were great touches and much appreciated after the drizzly weather we had been in that day.
Highly recommend! You feel really safe as the cages are well equipped with safety bars! DO IT!!!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Ben J

• Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Burlington, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Apex Predator Shark Cage Dive Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

One of the most amazing experiences anyone can ever have -- face to face with great white sharks. Best company to do this with is Apex Predator. Great crew and once in a lifetime experience!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Stclair1
Horsham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“lifelong ambition fulfilled - and then some! 11 out of 10 !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This review is for http://www.sharkcagediving.net
We are a family of 4, and spent a day in the capable hands of the team at sharkcagediving.net on the 6 7th July 2014
These guys are well organised, well run, and friendly and know all there is to know about the stunning Great White sharks.
We were collected bang on time by their transfer service from our Cape Town hotel and taken to the centre. We stopped on the way to look out for some whales and to see some awesome scenery, our driver was fantastic, and the minibus was clean, modern and safe.
We arrived at the centre and were warmly greeted, and well fed with a nice breakfast buffet and hot drinks. After a briefing and video we were off - I can tell you that the anticipation was unreal...
We boarded the excellent boat for a thrilling, high speed ride out to “shark alley” near Dyer Island & Geyser Island... once we'd stopped and the cage was put into the water the luring with chum began and after only a few minutes Great Whites were all around us.
Once suited up in the wet suit they provide, it was into the cage for the moment I've been dreaming of for years... I was blown away, they say never drive your dream car, but in this case I need not have worried. The viewing was excellent, the number of sharks was a real surprise, I thought maybe we would be lucky to see one, dare I dream of two sightings? But oh WOW!! We saw 11 different animals each spending a significant amount of time around our cage, not just a fleeting glimpse in the distance - oh no - this is up close and personal... I was totally absorbed into the experience and utterly connected to their world. It felt incredible, humbling and awe inspiring. These animals are phenomenal on a TV documentary, but up close they are in an altogether higher league of "awesomeness" the weather wasn’t best for day one but that was fine, the sharks were what we came to see and they didn’t let us down.
I was concerned we wouldn't see as much - but after a slow first ten minutes - with "only" two sharks round the boat - all hell broke loose, we had a number of big animals very, very close... some even bumped the cage while they were "persuading" the lure to depart it's line. OMG… perfection.
The viewing was as mind-blowing. It was a staggeringly deep and intense experience that has left me profoundly emotional.
We were able to get into the cage as many times as we liked (that was practical), our second session in the cage was for about 40 minutes… The team doesn’t rush you; you get as much time as they can physically give you, 10 out of 10 for that!!
Our ride back to base on the boat was great, but I wasn't really there, by that time I was in a different zone, my mind was surrounded by recalled images of what I’d just witnessed I was somewhat dumbstruck by what I'd seen, this really was a dream come true for me. A dream? Well, a reality that’s only just sinking in…
Our welcome back at the centre was great; the team's excitement for the animals seems never to dwindle.
Hot soup, tea, coffee cold drinks etc are all there for you and a nice certificate too and we had plenty of time to talk excitedly to the other guests and share email addresses for those oh-so important pictures… Everyone was on top of the world.
I'm typing this quite a few days after my experience and my body is flushing through hot and cold as the recollections of my experience drive powerful memories and emotions to come flooding back..it's unreal.
I will never forget those two days.
Live your dreams, it is well worth it.
Thank you so much to the team at sharkcagediving.net
In the words of Spinal Tap – modified to suit the purpose of the review –
“these sharks go up to 11”
The team at sharkcagediving.net score 11 out of 10. It’s as simple as that. My whole family agrees too…
the Witchell family

Visited July 2014
1 Thank thewitchells
London, United Kingdom
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Simons town only”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Don't let the hotel staff convince you to go to a far away location and in the early hours where you can go to Simons town and there are 3 cage diving companies there and you get to dive with great white and see the seal island where they feed.

Visited June 2014
Rishon Lezion, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Shark cage diving in Gansbaai South Africa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We went shark diving on 27 June 2014. It was an unforgettable experience! We were told that it's better to go shark diving in SA winter months because the water is warmer ( 16C) and cleaner than in summer. For me 16C is a very low temperature, but we were given hydro-costumes and didn't feel cold. The only thing that really bothered me were the huge waves, they were 6m. high. People who have a motion sickness need to know it before they take this tour. I took Stugeron tablets and wore special bracelets for motion sickness but it didn't help. And I was not alone who suffered. But if you ask me " was it worth suffering?"I will say"yes". After stepping on the shore you don't remember all this bad staff, the only memories are the huge sharks teeth before your eyes and the beautiful views of the ocean! After coming back we were offered very tasty hot soup and other kinds of food. We were picked from the hotel at 6:30 a.m. ( for 350R for a person and it' s not included in the price of the tour; you can come there by your car ( if you know where to go) and dropped off at 6:00 p.m. The cost of this tour is rather high - 1750 R for a person. But if you plan this tour in advance you can find huge discounts. I bought this tour for 850R for a person in Groupon of Cape Town. You need to register and they will send you different discounts. But you need to do it 1-2 months before your visit. Of course, it is more relevant for winter months ( June, July, August) when there are not too many tourists in RSA. You can also find nice discounts on other attractions and restaurants.

Visited June 2014