“live music”

Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Babylon
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For over 30 years the Post Office Cafe has been at the center of Babylon Village. Excellent service and outstanding food keep the doors open, as well as a few late night get-togethers among friends.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great live performer, We ordered food from the bar. The nachos were average, mac & cheese was great.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stopped in here with the grandkids after a lacrosse match and we enjoyed good pub food. Attentive wait staff, reasonable prices and attractive setting.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We eat here often as one of our favorite local pubs. Over the last few years the Post Office has opened an addiitonal seating area that has a beautiful two-sided fireplace and a cozy private bar. This room is perfect for gatherings (in fact we had my son's sixth grade graduation luncheon here with friends). The bar side of the restaurant can get loud on Friday nights and whenever there's live music playing. Great for hanging with friends, but not great when eating with the family and friends that you'd like to have a conversation with. So, we just always request the "newer/ quieter" side when that atmosphere is brewing. The bar food is the best food on the menu. The North Fork grilled cheese is so yummy with potato salad or fries on the side. My husband gets the steak sandwich all the time, and my son is a big fan of the french onion soup. Wings, potato skins, spinach dip are all great starters. I've had the chicken bruschetta a few times and that's great too. Overall, great beer and great casual atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We went to the Post Office on Saturday evening for a few drinks and dinner. Although the dinner tables were full and we had to wait approximately 30 mins., there was a place to sit and wait with a TV on some sports game. The Bar had a selection of tap beers and hard cider, my favorite. No waitress service, but that wasn't really an issue, since the access to the bar was easy. Appetizers were very good: Buffalo wings Hot, was exactly as expected, Hot but not unbearable. The wings were cooked/prepared very well, with no greasy feeling or excess fat. The Artichoke Dip, was also very tasty. I had the Roast Beef Melt, which is similar to a French Dip except on Garlic Bread. Another good dish. The only thing I have to mention is what appears to be a very disorganized transfer area between the kitchen and the table Waite Staff. one of our party had to wait for his food while everyone else was served. I'm guessing either the order was missed by the kitchen, or some other waiter took it for there table. Luckily it was just a burger so in 5 minutes another medium rare sandwich appeared. All in all, not a bad experience. Also the Mac and Cheese was very good. My wife order that and she is fairly picky about her food. She gave it a thumbs up, so "Happy Wife, Happy life"!

1  Thank Turbocouch
Reviewed 25 February 2014

A group of my friends and myself went to the Post Office Café on a Sunday afternoon about 1pm. It was not very crowded as in the past and they sat us at a table in the corner by the bar. The waitress came over to us right away and took our drink order. It went downhill from there. It took more that 20 minutes for her to return, bringing 1 drink at a time. We then placed a appetizer order they also came 1 at a time. We then waited over an hour for our meals, and when they came they were ice cold and all wrong. I ordered a PattyMelt that didn't resemble a Patty melt in anyway. My friends orders were cold and missing items like dressing and onions and cheese. When we got the waitresss attention, she sent over the manager who insisted that it was sunday and that was the reason things were not right. She kept saying that the patty melt was made that way..When it had lettuce tomato raw onions and non toasted rye bread. She was not very accommodating at all. We all left unhappy and will not be back. Sad to say since I live in Babylon and would frequent the Post Office on a regular basis. Shame Shame on them..

3  Thank kathy o