“Excellent as always”

Barrique Kitchen and Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Babylon
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Babylon, New York
“Excellent as always”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Came here for NYE dinner. Service was fast and friendly. Food excellent - rock shrimp mac and cheese was amazing. Very romantic and large wine selection.

• Visited December 2013

West Islip, New York
“Excellent Wine Bar with delicious food to compliment”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Variety of delicious wines and light food to compliment. Bar service was excellent. we enjoyed excellent background music. A definite civilized alternative to the 4 rows deep loud beer joints in Babylon.... no noise or visual pollution....great place for intimate socializing.

• Visited November 2013
Sayville, New York
“Barrique - Berwonderful”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Great food - check / Good Service - check. This is one of the best restaurants I have been to. The food is scrumptious and the service great along with ambiance all in one restaurant. The menu consists of small plates (although the plates are quite substantial) and each item is better then the next. My wife and I usually order a small plate each and a third plate which we share (although we do pick from each other's plates as well). The salads are almost as good as the food and the wine list is great. All in all this is a restaurant to enjoy and weather permitting outside dining is always available.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Michael C
Naples
“Breakfast of champions”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Go hungry! Greek omelette and fluffy pancakes with coffee and NYPD's finest in a neighborhood bistro.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank gigeleh69
new york
“Food mostly good, service not so much.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I took my friend here for her birthday this past week. When we arrived we were told it was a 35ms wait so we put our name in and headed to the bar. There had been a table empty for about 20ms so I went back to the host to check on our table and asked how much longer. He said 15 more ms and that we could not sit at a table for 4. So we waited till our 35ms was up and again asked if he was ready to seat us. He then told us he never put our name down. What? He had just told us 15 more minutes! At this point I was annoyed and feeling very unwelcome. He apologized and curtly told us we would be get the next table-the exact one that was empty just 15ms before.
Our waitress was friendly but almost non existent.
We ordered the cheese platter (2 cheeses) which were very tiny portions but the bread, almonds and dried fruit made it more complete. Then the side salads which were very good with the creamy vinaigrette. The side of olives was very salty. After that it took about an hour to get our entrees. Margherita pizza was disappointing. No taste. The shrimp with polenta and spinach was the opposite, very good but arrived cold. I would have flagged down our waitress but I had no idea where she was. No asking if we wanted dessert or coffee so we paid and left.
This place is very small so count on at least a 35-1hr wait on a busy night.
As I said, food was mostly good but service is not there. I'm very disappointed in Babylon's restaurants lately. I guess they don't need the business that much and feel it is ok to treat their customers like we should be grateful that we are eating there. Time to try a new town.

• Visited October 2013