We spent two nights at Baines' Camp and loved every moment! It was the first stop for us in Botswana, and by far one of my favourites. The camp itself is small and has an intimate atmosphere. The rooms are spacious and have a rustic vibe to them. The highlight for us was being able to roll our bed out on to our private balcony to sleep under the stars! The surprise bubble bath on the balcony after a safari drive was also a high point. The pool is lovely and located between cabins, which creates a more private setting for it. It was a relaxing spot to spend some quiet time in the afternoons and take in the views.
The staff was absolutely wonderful. Friendly, welcoming and informative. I can't say enough positive things about them, they truly made the experience for us.
We also had the opportunity to do the living with elephants, which I cannot rave enough about. The information provided and the opportunity to interact with the three elephants was absolutely amazing. Once in a lifetime experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Baines’ Camp is our smallest and most intimate camp, built on raised platforms high above the Boro River in a huge private concession bordering the Moremi Game Reserve. An eco-friendly property built using only commercially grown wood, with over 150,000 recycled aluminium cans incorporated within the walls to provide insulation. The camp is raised above the permanent water of the Boro River while wooden walkways connect the main areas and luxury rooms. The swimming pool and the wide wooden deck that surrounds the main dining and sitting room is the ideal place to relax while observing the varied wildlife present here. See prowling lions looking for prey at the edge of the lagoon that the camp overlooks, or watch one of the many elephants who live in the area. The five suites at Sanctuary Baines’ are opulent and luxurious, with ensuite facilities and four-poster beds. Traditional safari ceiling fans create a cooling breeze at even the hottest times of the year. Should you wish, your bed can be wheeled out onto the private wooden deck for a night under the stars, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Boro River where hippo can often be spotted. Or take an indulgent soak under the stars on your own private viewing deck in our opulent star bath. At Baines’ Camp, the sky’s the limit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sanctuary Baines' Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Baines` Camp Hotel Okavango Delta
- Sanctuary Baines' Camp Botswana/Okavango Delta