We started our African holiday with 3 nights at Sactuary Baines camp and we were not disappointed. The singing to welcome us there was fantastic, very warm and welcoming. I cannot fault the staff who were wonderful and we felt like we were part of there family. The camp has quite a rustic feel to it which added to the experience and just what we wanted. The rooms are a good size and are kept very clean. The food was great and our chef, Steve, introduced himself to us and let us know that if we needed anything special he would oblige us. The bubbly baths on our deck under the stars was amazing and the dinner in the bush, a true African experience. Our guide, Fred, had a wealth of knowledge which he was very happy to share and I don't think there was one question that went unanswered. Active who worsk for the community accompanied us on every drive and has the amazing ability to spot animals a long way off. In fact he saw movement in the distance and when we followed that movement we found a pack of hyenas playing and frolicking in the water. The drives through the waster whilst worrying at first just became part of the experience and very enjoyable as long as you kept your feet up. We didn't expect to see the big 5 but we weren't disappointed ted with what we did see. The whole experience was brilliant and Baines camp made that so. Thank you to Kevin, Florence, Fred, Steve, Twiggy and all of the staff. We had a very memorable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Baines’ Camp is our smallest and most intimate camp, built on raised platforms high above the Boro River in a huge private concession bordering the Moremi Game Reserve. An eco-friendly property built using only commercially grown wood, with over 150,000 recycled aluminium cans incorporated within the walls to provide insulation. The camp is raised above the permanent water of the Boro River while wooden walkways connect the main areas and luxury rooms. The swimming pool and the wide wooden deck that surrounds the main dining and sitting room is the ideal place to relax while observing the varied wildlife present here. See prowling lions looking for prey at the edge of the lagoon that the camp overlooks, or watch one of the many elephants who live in the area. The five suites at Sanctuary Baines’ are opulent and luxurious, with ensuite facilities and four-poster beds. Traditional safari ceiling fans create a cooling breeze at even the hottest times of the year. Should you wish, your bed can be wheeled out onto the private wooden deck for a night under the stars, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Boro River where hippo can often be spotted. Or take an indulgent soak under the stars on your own private viewing deck in our opulent star bath. At Baines’ Camp, the sky’s the limit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sanctuary Baines' Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Baines` Camp Hotel Okavango Delta
- Sanctuary Baines' Camp Botswana/Okavango Delta