andBeyond Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp
US$64
US$100
US$93
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgame drivestravel plannerexceeded all expectationstent wallssmall bagscloset spacefirst handwild dogsthe main lodgenice poolcomplimentary laundry serviceblankets and hot water bottlesstaff were exceptionalwonderful animalslight breakfastyoung leopardan amazing experience
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Wow! What a fantastic camp. My family and I have just returned from our African adventure and this was the second andBeyond camp we stayed in. While not as glamorous as the previous camp - Nxabega is still something pretty special. I loved the tented experience and it is certainly not a "roughing it" experience - beds are big and comfy - each room is immaculately presented and impeccably clean and there is a hot water bottle in your bed each night when the weather is cool. The big bonus with this camp is being able to hear all the sounds of the animals in the night - from the lions roaring in the distance, to the hippo in the lagoon having a midnight feast - pretty special if you love wildlife. The best part of this camp experience was the bushland dinner - which was a huge surprise and totally amazing! After a night drive we were delivered to an area of the plains lit up beautifully by lanterns and set around a roaring fire with full service dining in the middle of the African bush - surrounded by nothing but the grass and the odd stray animal which may or may not choose to wander through the dining area! Nothing wandered through on our dinner, but there is something exciting about the possibility they might - which makes it such a fun experience. The staff are fantastic as is the food and all the activites - a great camp for families and a magical location. My favourite of all the camps I stayed in!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 529Kiwibird
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Before writing my review, i read the reviews written by people who were not happy with Nxabega tented Camp. With the exception of one review, they were all written prior to 2013. So, with that in mind I can tell you that things are different now. The staff was super upbeat and happy to greet us. Our guide KD and tracker Equator were a lot of fun and honored any decisions we made or changes we wanted to make to the schedule. For Example, we did the Mokoro boats one evening and therefore decided NOT to do the other boat ride which was offered. Instead we wanted to go out on safari and they were HAPPY to oblige our wishes. We also skipped 1 or 2 safari drives to have an in room massage...heaven!

Also, we were in tent 6 and were not happy with the floor covering. It was very tired and stained. My husband mentioned this to Patrick the manager and while we were out on game drive they laid a brand new Jute rug in our tent! That is service above And Beyond;-) The food was fabulous and abundant and cocktail hour was always fun and lively.

We saw lots of animals. A pride of lion with a baby cub, sooo cute. Hippos ran though our camp during dinner, quite exciting, and on our last day a huge elephant just cruised through the camp eating grass. We saw wild dogs, a leopard, lions, elephants, hippos, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, owls, eagles, cape buffalo pretty much everything except rhinos and cheetah.

Room Tip: I liked being in tent 6, as it is close to the main lodge. Others can be quite a hike.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paljoey1075BD
Reviewed 16 July 2014

When you first arrive at this camp you are welcomed with the most amazing welcome ceremony that does not only happen the first day you arrive, but every single time you arrive at camp. The camp is small and has no fence surrounding it so one of the most amazing experiences I found was the animals that walk through camp at all times of the day. I always woke up so excited to see what tracks were outside my tent every morning, I saw numerous of giraffe, hippos and elephant tracks right outside my tent. The staff here is more amazing then you could ever imagine, you will consider them family by the time you leave there. My guide name AK was by far one of the most amazing human beings I have ever met. I honestly can't say enough about this camp, it exceeded every expectation I ever had in every way. The luxury tents are pure luxury, there is no "roughing it" at this camp. I can't wait to return and see the new friends I made, I can't thank them enough for the experiences they gave me that will last a lifetime. I can't recommend this camp enough!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the main area because the walk from the farther tents are quite a walk especially in the sand!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lkay89
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My title pretty much tells the story. This place blew me away. It was probably the greatest experience of my life. You are out in the middle of the African Bush in the Okavango Delta with no fences around your camp (meaning visits from all kinds of amazing animals), yet you feel like you are in a world class resort. Anything you need they take care of it (and my family of 11 can be difficult at times, but they accommodated every request with a smile). You arrive to a warm welcome by the entire staff, are shown your tent (the word tent doesn't really do it justice), asked if you would like a cocktail from their bar, fed, then are taken on an offroad safari where you see some amazing animals from zebras, to giraffes, to a pride of lions; beautiful scenery; and some of the best sunsets you'll find anywhere. The guides and trackers are so knowledgeable and friendly, you are both learning something and being entertained almost at all times.

The best part about this place, by far though (and that's saying something because everything is great) is the people. As soon as you step foot on the grounds you feel like a part of their family. It is a smaller compound with only 10 tents so you do not get lost in the shuffle of a lot of guests. I really cannot say enough good things about the staff. So nice, so friendly, so helpful, so knowledgeable. They really do go above AND BEYOND in everything they do. This was the last stop on our trip and while everywhere we went was really great, this place stands out and is someplace I will never forget. If you are planning to visit southern Africa and want to go on safari, you have to stay here. I truly cannot imagine anywhere being better than this.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

As with all the andBeyond "camps" we stayed at in Botswana Nxabega didn't disappoint . Not cheap but the service, food, location, accommodation and attention to detail to ensure every single minute of our stay was perfect overwhelmed us. We're not used to 4 star plus luxury so were blown away with the service. Our "butler" was there to greet us everytime we arrived back from a game drive and offer us food and drinks. The food was fantastic. How do they do it when they are so far away from civilisation!
The "tents" were better than most hotel rooms - canvas tent on a permanent platform. Morning and afternoon game drives with "sundowners" at a hand picked spot to watch the sun go down with a glass of wine and nibbles. Determined guides and trackers who never gave up tracking down leopard and lion for us, long after we would have given up. Hot water bottles and blankets to keep the chill away on the morning game drives.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: There's wifi in the reception dining area which can be intermittent. Given the remote location we were amazed they had wifi at all.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple