“New Owners? Major improvement in food!”
Review of Lock 24 Restaurant

Lock 24 Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 60 Restaurants in Baldwinsville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017

My mother and sister are VERY FUSSY about restaurant food and when they told me this place had improved a lot, I decided to check it out. In the past, the food was a bit "diner-like" but the location was so nice that I often put up with the sub-standard food.. It seems there are new owners, new menu now! Big improvement!

The menu is more varied, especially for dinner. I had the Haddock one time and the Crab Cake sandwich another time. Both were served with choice of side and were delicious. The haddock breading was not too thick and was a generous portion. We also liked our soups and salads. Service was good but if you are in a "rush," this might not be the best choice. However, I love to sit outside and look at the boats coming through so I am never in a "rush" when I come here.

Jennifer B, Owner at Lock 24 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you Lisa for coming to our restaurant. I am pleased that you have good food and good service during your visit with us. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This is a great restaurant with good food and nice atmosphere. The staff is friendly and efficient and food is great! We've eaten here several times with friends and on our own. In the summer you can eat outside and watch boats go through the locks. We've had dinner and lunch here and both menus are good.

Jennifer B, Owner at Lock 24 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Hi Mary Ellen..Thank you so much for your nice thoughts regarding our restaurant. We are glad that your experience was good!~Jenn

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I was a bit hesitant to try this restaurant after reading some of the reviews but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised and not all together sure why anyone would leave a bad review. I was greeted at the door by a very pleasant hostess who asked us if we would like to eat outside or inside, "outside of course it's beautiful out" she then asked if we would like the sun or the shade. We chose sun as we don't see much of that in CNY, she sat us right by the rail of the deck where we could see the boats go through the lock, very cool. Anyway on to the food, what can I say, it was delish!!! I ordered the Seafood Fra Diablo with Angel Hair pasta and it was cooked to perfection (hard to do with angel hair, it is usually way over done) it was very spicy (but thats the point right?) and very tasty, it was accompanied by fresh baked rolls and a salad. My friends ordered the fried haddock dinner and seafood sampler, both looked amazing and they said they were really good. We received a visit from one of the owners who stopped by to see how everything was and if we needed anything, I think her name was Jennifer and she was very nice. The waitress was very attentive without being annoying. All in all it was a great experience and will definitely go back oh, and I almost forgot, the Mojitos were awesome!

Jennifer B, Owner at Lock 24 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Foodjunkie60,
Thank you and your friends for visiting our restaurant and we look forward to your next visit! See you soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We were invited to this restaurant by our daughter's boyfriend, so that we can meet his family. From my experience the service was friendly and efficient. I had the crab cakes and they were excellent. Everybody in our party ordered something different. The comments from them is that they enjoyed the food. The prices in the menu were similar to other restaurants. We didn't stay for dessert because it was late. The weather was great so we sat outside and saw the boats go through the locks.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

While visiting the area and staying with a friend in Liverpool, we decided to go here for dinner.The service was excellent from our waitress, but maybe because it was 4:15 pm, and hardly a busy time of the day. Who knows if it was later, how it would of been. The dinner salad I had was of average size and average quality. Rolls were ok. Then came my dinner. My sirloin steak was definitely on the small size, although it was cooked well. My side, which I paid 1 dollar extra for, was sweet potato fries. It came in a small dish, and I could count the number of fries in the dish. And believe me there weren't many! I paid $20.00 for this? My friend had the haddock, which was huge. So why was my choice, borderline bird food? I felt very ripped off and still hungry after I finished. The topper was looking at the bill that we were charged .20 cents for the lemon in our ice water. Really? Are you kidding me, right now? First time in my life that I have ever been charged for lemon in my water, or ice tea for that matter. That was the straw that broke MY back!! That is no way to run a restaurant. To those of you considering this place just because it's near a waterway with locks etc...please reconsider! I would not recommended this place at all. I would of been better off to have gone to Outback Steakhouse for a good sized streak with sides at a lower cost. My friend told me that it might be under new management. We'll that is no excuse. Maybe they should change management again? Do yourself a favor and "lock" yourself out of Lock 24.

Dave B, Owner at Lock 24 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Hello,
We regret to learn that we did not provide you with a more positive experience. We would like to address your concerns and kindly ask that you send an email to info@lock24restaurant.net with the date of your visit. We hope to hear from you!