“great place, lovely view”
Review of The Red Mill Inn

The Red Mill Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baldwinsville
Huntington, New York
“great place, lovely view”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We were nervous about staying in a non-chain hotel (we've stayed in BandBs before kids but not since Frick and Frack) but this was lovely and the views from both sides of the hotel were charming. Easy to get to Syracuse as well as the Eastern Finger Lakes. There's also a lovely park and the canal lock is RIGHT there. Breakfast is just downstairs and is your basic cereal, waffle maker, bagels and toast but good and looks right out on the falls. If I ever have to go back to that area I would definately be back! Free WiFi was easily accessed. Front desk was friendly and helpful, even late at night. My parents had their own room and each was a little different--I would have appreciated even a little more character in each

Room Tip: both have cool views--one of a lock and one of little water falls
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Great rooms. Rented a room suite for a baby shower. Great views of the river. TVs didn't work but wasn't that big of a deal. Great location across from the bars too. Staff is very friendly. My wife and I have stayed here many times and will continue to. Little high on price but worth it.

Room Tip: Views of the river
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2012

My husband and I needed to stay in Baldwinsville for a week in November. The hotel is lovely to look at in an historic building between the lock and the river. We stayed in a queen room. We checked into the room in the evening. The lights were so dim we couldn't see much. There is a
ceiling light near the door and closet. There are two bedside lamps with energy efficient bulbs and
stained glass shades. It was very difficult to see in the room and the light was insufficient for reading. One morning it was overcast and I needed my flashlight to see the things in the drawer. The bathroom has adequate lighting but was not heated. The overnight temperatures were in the twenties and the bathroom had an outside wall. It was very cold if you went in and shut the door. It was also very cold to getting out of the shower into a cold room. There was no chair so you could sit on the bed or in the bathroom. No place for computer use but the bed if you needed to keep up with work. They do offer free WIFI. The bed was very soft. There were many good things about the Inn. There was plenty of hot water, it was clean and we had a view of the lock. They serve a continental breakfast. The staff were generally pleasant and helpful. There are several accessible outlets for computers, phones or other electrical devices. The closet was large and had ample hangers. I might even choose this hotel again if I were in Baldwinsville in summer. It wouldn't be my choice again for a cold weather stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Phonehouse
Watkins Glen, New York
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here back in Aug. of 2011. We loved it. We had the MCHARRIE SUITE WITH LOFT. We loved it. The stairs going up to the loft were a little tight but fun. It was nice having a small apartment sized room to stay in. We love the area and we come up to visit family often. We are currently planning another trip up there for this coming week but we are hoping to get the MCKENNA Suite, which is the largest suite they have. Everything is within walking distance or a short drive away. We always have a great time when we visit here. This hotel is Highly Recommended. I work at a 4 Diamond Resort a couple hours away and have been in the hospitality industry for over 12 years now, If i'm recommending it then it has to be good. Hope this helps anyone that is looking for a nice quiet place to stay and just relax.

Room Tip: I would choose either of these 2 room types MCKENNA SUITE, or the MCHARRIE SUITE.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 8 September 2012

It's always a pleasure to find a hotel which actually welcomes dogs rather than just tolerating them. The non-refundable pet fee is steep but the overall value is still good, particularly given the refreshing "non-chain" personality of this place. The view from my second floor room was spectacular at night as different coloured lights lit the falls. I'd stay here again if passing through the region.

Room Tip: Get a view of the falls if at all possible.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
latrobe
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Short getaway in the eastern Fingerlakes? Stay at the Red Mill Inn in the middle of Baldwinsville, NY. Great friendly American staff, value exceeds price, very clean and cozy. Short drive to all major arteries in any direction. Not a hangout or a chain. It's not big but it's comfy. Good restaurants and bars within walking distance. Need a place for a 100 person meeting or wedding reception? This is it. What a hidden gem! My best rating for a super place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north and south sides border the river and the canal lock. Huge third floor suite is u...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
milton ny
Reviewed 31 August 2012

The Red Mill Inn a former grist mill, was the perfect end each day of the college move to Syracuse. I didn't want to stay in the city and the Red Mill was a mere 15-20 minutes from the University.
I lived being on the Erie Canal and Lock 24.
The rooms has a rustic charm and the bed was super comfy. The bathroom was roomy and the tiles and granite counter were lovely.
This Inn was exactly what I had hoped for, traveling alone au wanted to feel at home, which Red Mill Inn did.
Booked my room for Oct. 7 family weekend!
True breakfast not so great, but iI didn't care because I don't eat breakfast.
Kelly was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baldwinsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baldwinsville/Syracuse
K&G Lodge
#5 of 10 in Oswego
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport

Been to The Red Mill Inn? Share your experiences!