“Great sandwiches”

The Whistling Kettle
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Whistling Kettle is a full service cafe and tea room with a diverse menu offering for everyone. Paninis, crepes, artisan soups, plenty of salad choices, home made scones, tea sandwiches, beer and wine and over 150+ types of tea. We also offer all our tea in bulk as well as a full line of merchandise.
Rexford, NY
“Great sandwiches”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My friends and I stopped here on the way to a concert at SPAC on a Saturday afternoon. We had iced tea and sandwiches. The tea was very tasty and the sandwiches were delicious. I will definitely plan on coming here again.

• Visited June 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always Special”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Whenever I go here it always feels special. The service, menu and atmosphere are wonderful. Love the scones and cream to end the experience.

• Visited September 2013
Scotia, New York, United States
“Excellent”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife had been to this restaurant and had said how good it was and she was right. Everything about the dining experience was excellent, service was prompt and the food was top notch. It has a very eclectic menu, different than most places we go. We got the Afternoon Tea in which you choose your savory (sandwich,quiche,crepe or premium salad), then soup or house salad, dessert. It is all delivered on a 3 tier serving tray. The roasted pepper soup was delicious. We brought half our Panini sandwichs and dessert home for dinner. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
Saratoga Springs, New York
“great soups”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

An excellent lunch spot with great sandwiches and amazing soup. Its always busy so they must be doing something right. The 3 tier lunch is my favorite. You get a soup, sandwich, and dessert.

• Visited February 2014
Albany, New York
“One of my favorite places”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I love this place. I would eat here every day if I lived closer. It is great fun to try the sniffing bar and use that to decide what tea I'll buy or drink with my meal. I love getting the selection of 3 items on the fun tray that comes out. Everything I have eaten there has been phenomenal - soups, salads, wraps, sandwiches, scones, cakes, brownies, salads, Everything! On occasion, they run out of what I may want since I tend to go for dinner, but since they are more of a lunch place, they aren't always prepared for people to be seated at 5 if they close at 6. I wish their hours were longer so I could have an evening meal since I will rarely make it there before early afternoon.

I have brought friends and family here when they come to visit. It has a lot of great food and would recommend it to anyone in the area.

• Visited March 2014