“Better store than restaurant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lakeside Farms

Lakeside Farms
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Ballston Spa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
c.p.
“Better store than restaurant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

I don't think you should call your establishment a 'restaurant' if you serve food over a counter on trays with paper plates and plastic flatware! That being said, the food was good. Not good enough to make a return trip of 12 miles though. For the same $24 dollars we spent, my wife, 3 yr old daughter and I could have gone to the local diner and been SERVED a breakfast on real plates and with real flatware.
The most impressive part of Lakeside Farms is the store. There was a nice selection of pickles, jams, and baked goods. That would be the only reason for a return visit if and ONLY if I were in the area.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank cpjrod510

Saratoga Springs, NY
“Customer service? What's that?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I had the misfortune to order lunch from this establishment along with some of my co-workers. I ordered a hot dog with meat sauce onions and mustard, which I suspected they could not mess up. Lo and behold my order arrived properly labeled on the bag, inside I found.... a lonely hot dog which had escaped it's bun, cringing in the corner of the bag by itself. No hint of condiment could be found. When I called to request they deliver another correct order, admittedly an outside possibility, they declined, and upon my requesting a credit, was told I could be credited for the meat sauce. (not the mustard or onions, which, presumably are too expensive.) I only thank my lucky stars I did not order something complex such as a sandwich with multiple ingredients. In desperation I tasted the naked hot dog as delivered, which was, alas, inedible.

• Visited April 2013
Kinderhook, New York
“Great Family Outing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Incredible Cider Doughnuts in the fall, along with a great family breakfast & lunch menu as well as fresh produce, baked goods, candy for the kids, apples, pumpkins, cider, etc.

Visited October 2012
Albany, New York
“Friendly, warm and wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

We drove out to Ballston Spa on the recommendation of a friend. We arrived at the Lakeside Farm restaurant/store and were just amazed. The place is awesome. We purchased the chicken salad sandwich which was so very good, there had dried cranberries in the mix. We also purchased an apple fritter, this is to die for. The apple cider donuts are so flavorful and fresh, just like everything else. But the item that came for was the pumpkin cookies with a light and airy crem cheese frosting. The cookie was over the top, so delicious. I plan on returning again and again to the Lakeside Farm Store

• Visited November 2012
Westfield, New Jersey
“Come and see the cider witch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

We always take a trip to see the cider witch come out on the roof & throw candy to the children! Food is excellent & apple cider / cider donuts are the bomb!! It is a fun little place where u can easily shop & eat whiile picking up some apples & pumpkins this time of year! Dont buy the cider donuts inside-- go outside where they are hot and so fresh! A nice car ride from new jersey !