“Best Breakfast in Saratoga Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Iron Roost

Iron Roost
Ranked #1 of 94 Restaurants in Ballston Spa
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Here at Iron Roost, we dare to be different. Our specialty is gourmet waffles, but it really is so much more!! Kind service, a cozy atmosphere, and some of the best darn coffee you'll ever sip on. We are passionate about what we do, and take pride in the quality and uniqueness of our product. We use only the finest and freshest ingredients to create dishes that will fill your belly and warm your heart. We hope you enjoy your experience as much as we did creating it. Thank you. Long live the waffle!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Breakfast in Saratoga Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband, baby and I frequent the Iron Roost at least once a month. Love the kid friendly atmosphere (last time we were there they had a guy coming around to each table with kids and making balloon animals)! I usually stick to the blueberry doozy waffle and my husband gets the French toast waffle. If you have a larger appetite I would recommend ordering some home fries or bacon to go with your waffle as most items on the menu are a la carte. Coffee is great and so are the smoothies! Overall a great place to eat at a reasonable price :)

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank HungryGirl82

“Fun and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Unique take on breakfast or lunch - as it's all waffalized... sweet or savory, I've never had a bad meal there. The staff is great, and so is the coffee! :)

Visited January 2014
Albany, New York
“Specialty: Waffles?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

This place is know for its waffles, listed on the menu as sweet or savory. I enjoyed the savory one I ordered (eggs & flat iron steak) for breakfast. However, the alleged "waffle" actually tasted & looked like a soft, thin CREPE, just with some waffle looking marks on the outside (but no indentations). Perhaps the sweet waffles are more waffle-like (i.e., crispy) in texture. The place is kind of cute, casual. You place your order at the counter. In the back, there are books available to read, & I even saw a game on a shelf. We felt comfortable sitting & chatting for a while although I don't know if it might be different during a lunchtime rush.

Visited February 2014
Ballston Spa, New York
“I Have Been a Fan from the Beginning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I just recently revisited the Iron Roost for Friday brunch with friends. In the past I have enjoyed coming on "First Friday" evenings, the only time that the Iron Roost has open for dinner featuring some extra special creations. Often there has been entertainment.

I have been a fan from the beginning but I have yet to try any of the sweet offerings. The savory ones are just too interesting! This time it was Okie Dokie Artichokie--delicious waffle filled with artichoke hearts, spinach and much more. Yum! The coffee was extra great too.

Stop by & enjoy!

Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“Cinnamon Sauce!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Iron Roost is a great breakfast or brunch place. I like that you place your order at the counter, but they bring the food to your table. It still feels like you are out to breakfast. The liege waffle makes my heart sing! It is soooo good. Really satisfies that sweet craving - morning or afternoon.

I have had the bananas foster. It is sooo good it makes your brain fall out! The cinnamon sauce isn't too sweet or salty. I wanted to lick the plate, but I controlled myself in public. Soo good! I have also had the BLT. Not skimpy on bacon at all!

Servers are so nice. Everything is clean. Only sad part is that they are only open till 2pm!

• Visited January 2014