“Fabulous Party”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Ballston Spa, New York
“Fabulous Party”
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I had my graduation party at Abeel's, using their spacious backyard. There were two hundred people in attendence, and it went off without a hitch. The food was delicious and the customized menu helped to get a wide variety of food for everyone to enjoy - hamburgers, chicken, pizza, and more. Tony and Julie were very helpful in setting up and organizing the event, and are always good people to talk to. Overall, the party was a success because of the owners of Abeel's, Tony and Julie. Their help made it so easy to pull off such a big party and end my high school career in a positive way. I would recommend Abeel's for any party you're planning.

3 Thank bmdonahue

Fleetwood, PA
“worth the drive for a great meal”
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Visited Abeel's, which is close to Saratoga Springs outside Rock City. Restaurant is in the country, with shade trees (great for a hot day to park in the shade). We were greeted immediately, and taken to a table prepared for us. It was hard to choose, since many menu options sounded interesting. We opted for the duck with raspberry sauce and veal. Both were excellent. We had the steamed clams for an appetizer. Dipping their homemade rye bread into the wonderful garlic butter and clam broth was a joy. We also enjoyed the variety of potatoes--horseradish mashed and potato pancake with wonderful extras in it. We would certainly drive back here again.

1 Thank zoldiegoldie
NJ
“a rare find with unique foods”
Reviewed 19 September 2008

This restaurant is truly a rare find. Don't let the decor fool you. This place serves great familiar comfort foods and gourmet cuisines at a down to the earth prices. The Herbed Rubbed Smoked Cornish Hen was simply wonderful...flavorful and moist. The food portion sizes were just right for my family. The waitresses were friendly and efficient. The downside of this restaurant? Location...middle of nowhere special. If you are visiting Saratoga Springs, it is worth trying this place. We stayed in Bolton Landings during our vacation (late Aug 08) and we liked the foods & desserts so much that we went back two nights in a row. I only wish this restaurant was located in NJ.

Austin
“Always a winner!”
Reviewed 25 March 2008

We've dined at Abeel's since soon after they opened, and have always had a fabulous dining experience. The food is scrumptious, the menu offers a great variety, and the ambiance is wonderful. We vacation regularly in Saratoga and the Adirondacks, and the drive is well worth it from both. The dining room is elegant without being pretentious, and the outdoor patio area is a wonderful spot to enjoy a tasty meal under the towering pines.
Each member of our family has it's favorite dishes, like the delicious meatloaf or the chicken and sausage pasta - oh, and don't forget the great pizza too! Chef Tony adds new creations to the menu frequently, and each is always a delicious surprise. While some Saratoga area restaurants come and go with the seasons, Abeel's is here to stay, and there is no question why they're celebrating their 5th year: great food, nice people, good times!

1 Thank texas2paradox
Ballston Spa
“The Best of Ballston Spa”
Reviewed 18 August 2007

I have been going to Abeels restaurant on a regular basis with my family for almost as long as they have been there. How great is it to be able to go to a restaurant and get fine cuisine right down to good old fashioned comfort food in one location? I would say that if we took a family vote, the strip steak w/shrimp scampi is our favorite but we have also had our share of juicy burgers and hand cut fries. For those of you(like me) who love crab cakes-THIS IS A MUST ORDER-which brings me to my next point-D-E-S-S-E-R-T-S!!!!!!!Try and save room for these homemade absolutely delicious treats. Sometimes familiar like Bananas Foster and cheesecake and sometimes brand new(to us at least) like Tres Leches cake and Raspberry Bread Pudding w/Chambourd-it is all absolutely delightful. One last thing that I forgot to mention. If you are in the mood for just a pizza, some wings and perhaps a few cocktails-the pizza is fantastic-the wings are done perfectly-and the atmosphere in the bar is cozy welcoming and comfortable.Give it a try-you'll come again!!!!!!

2 Thank MFORT