“Good Food”

Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Tim and Annalise are a very dedicated couple that serve wonderful food. My favorite is Chicken Corn Chowder and Black Bean Corn Quesadiles

Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

Sunset from its inception has been my favorite restaurant in Ballston Spa. The food is delicious (maybe just because it's different than the plethora of Italian restaurants and bar food in ballston spa). I almost always get the chipotle meatloaf (it is my favorite) and 99% of the time it comes out hot and very promptly (as promptly as fresh cooked food can anyways). Appetizers are average but on the higher side of that average level. The salads come out and have always been fresh with all the fixins and a delicious corn muffin. Drinks are fairly priced and they usually carry a microbrew or two on tap (which is a huge plus for me as craft beer is my "thing").

It has very few downsides. The first is the seating, if it isn't busy it's no problem but if it is you can feel cramped in some of the areas. The other big one is the temperature. Go there in the winter time and you got no problems, but the summer time it can get quite hot as there is not an A/C or at least I never got any cool air my way and the kitchen is downstairs and we all know heat rises.

I know one other review on here said there meal was bad and it's unfortunate because I've never had that experience but every now an then it happens I would imagine. Hopefully that doesn't dissuade you from going because I can almost guarantee you won't be dissapointed

1  Thank GotAGut
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Sunset is a great place to go for good food right in downtown Ballston Spa. The drinks are good especially on a hot day - try a Margarita!
Companion had a large & tastey bowl fo chili while we both shared some delicious spinach & avocado dip with chips & pita bread. I also had the spinach & mushroom quasadia with chicken which was really good. The menu has quite a variety of light & full entrees with many southwestern dishes. give it a try if you are in the area...right on Front Street off of Rte 50.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

We've gone in here a few times now. Unfortunately it suffers from not enough people going out at night in Ballston. It's pretty empty most of the time which great from a service perspective. I just hope they can stay in business. Nice people and good drinks.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Terrific meal. Can be busy, smallish place. Great place for dinner and drinks.