“A wonderful place to stay!”

and 1 more site!
Medbery Inn and Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ballston Spa
New York
“A wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed 14 February 2009

We had an amazing time staying at the Medberry Inn and Suites. My husband and I wanted to get away for an evening and our room was perfect. We stayed in one of the jacuzzi suites. I don't know what some of the people on here are talking about when they say it was not clean, our room was emmaculuate. The jacuzzi tub for two was beautiful, as was the bathroom. All new fixtures, and a nice cozy fireplace in the room. The only thing that would have made it a bit better was if the fireplace was real (and not electric) but it still created a romantic setting nonetheless. The town was quant and the inn was 5 minutes from downtown Saratoga Springs. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and the owner was a sweetheart. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet getaway for a night. The price was also great for the accomodations, one reason we chose this place because we were on a tight budget.

• Liked — The beautiful romantic room.
  • Disliked — Wish it was located in a bigger city with more things to do within walking distance.
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Upstate NY
Reviewed 30 August 2008

My husband and I fell in love with Ballston Spa and the Medbery Inn. Our room was georgeous, very romantic with much attention to detail. The staff was terrific, everyone made us feel at home. The spa services were exceptional, they went above and beyond what we expected....candles, hot towels, neck warmers....we felt completely pampered. It is nice to know that some people still give things their all.

The town was perfect too! Plenty to do right at your doorstep.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JenUpstateNY
new york
Reviewed 19 June 2008

When I first arrived I thought the place was beautiful. Everything seemed to be in order and the people welcoming. i checked in with no problem and got showed to my room. Then i got a tour of the building. Afterwards I had spa services done and they were amazing except for the fact that the floors were filthy and the bathrooms looked like they hadn't been touched in days. This was just the beginning. I thought nothing of it and went on my way. I went in the dining area to get some coffee and something to eat and when i sat down the tables were dusty and the dishes had pieces of food still stuck to the plates. I lost my appetite after that. I went back up to my room after that trying to forget what i just saw. I got back in my room and went to take a shower and i noticed a film on the shower walls that was disgusting, the mirror was dirty and the toilet had a yellow ring in it. I dediced to watch some tv and got tired and wanted to go to sleep afterwards so i pulled back the bed sheets and they were wrinked beyond belief. It looked like they had been waded up and never folded. After this I was replused. I will never stay there again and I wouldn't reccommend that anyone does. The owners are rude and don't appreciate their customers.

• Liked — nothing.
  • Disliked — the whole trip.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bbygirl_xo

Travellers are raving about these Ballston Spa hotels

plattsburgh ny
Reviewed 16 May 2008

I had bought a gift certificate for my son and daughter-in-law for Christmas of last year. The first time I contacted the Inn by phone it wasn't bad I ordered a $400.00 gift certificate for a room and massage. I later contacted them to ask a question and the man was rude. When my son and daughter-in-law contacted them for reservations the same man was rude. When they arrived his demeaner wasn't any better. They had their massage and the girl hurt my son's shoulder. Before going home they went to Lake Placid for another massage to help his shoulder. The man which I assume is the owner because an employee wouldn't act the way he does is not worth the money they charge. Two couples we know were going to go this year but that is out of the question now. I don't recommend this spa to anyone.

Dinah

Stayed February 2008
2 Thank thirteen31
Hopewell Junction,NY
Reviewed 6 August 2007

EXCELLENT!!! The owners are the nicest people, they make you feel welcome and comfortable. Beautiful rooms, great food for breakfast. The spa is amazing and the sevice was great. Five stars for the Medbery!!

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — can't say one bad thing!!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
New Jersy
Reviewed 23 February 2007

We stayed in Saratoga Springs but my husband and I decided to use the Medbery Spa. We both had massages which were great but I had a facial which was suppose to be $55 for an Acne facial. They charged $90 and said that I had a mask which costs $35 extra. I didn't even ask for the mask, nor did the girl doing the facial say anything about an extra charge for a mask. I think this is just deplorable and dishonest. If you decide to use the Spa.... be careful ! They did not refund the money and just said, ...."she should have told you she was going to use a mask that costs extra".... gee thanks !

• Liked — The Massage was great
  • Disliked — That they were dishonest and added charges that were not agreed upon, on top of that, the facial was the worst I ever had.
  • Stayed February 2007
2 Thank FairReviewNJ
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 30 October 2006

My wife and I stayed at this cozy hotel for a fall weekend of spa pampering, and we were not dissapointed. We had one of the mini suites which is a little bigger than the standard rooms, and has a 2-person whirlpool bath. The room and the whole inn has a very nice cozy atmosphere, with nice little decorations here and there. The husband-and-wife team went out of their way to help us and to give us tips on where to eat and on excursions. The only thing that didn't match in were the fake fireplaces: We rather have the real thing with real heat or none at all.

The hotel offers in-house spa treatments which we indulged ourselves in. We liked them very much, and treatments were much cheaper than other spas that I checked in New York or Connecticut. Especially the couples massage was a treat. We also noticed that many of the locals came in there for spa treatments, always a good sign!

Concluding: if you are looking for a nice romantic place to stay near Saragota Springs, and also want to pamper yourself with a nice spa, then this is the place!

• Liked — The spa
  • Disliked — The fake fireplaces
  • Tips/Secrets — Gentlemen: an excellent place to leave your wife/girlfriend if you want to go to the Saratoga Springs races.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
Pavilion Grand Hotel
Pavilion Grand Hotel
#4 of 33 in Saratoga Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Saratoga Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Saratog...
#2 of 33 in Saratoga Springs
#14 of 33 in Saratoga Springs
Roosevelt Inn & Suites
Roosevelt Inn & Suites
#18 of 33 in Saratoga Springs

Been to Medbery Inn and Day Spa? Share your experiences!