“A unique experience!!!”
Review of Lewis House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballston Spa
Lewis House
Ranked #1 of 3 Ballston Spa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Words are not enough to describe the charm of the house, the warmth of the hosts and the feeling of waking up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee coming from the kitchen! The Lewis House is a unique place to stay while in the Ballston Spa / Saratoga Springs region, and just a short ride away from the Adirondacks!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karin V

Reviewed 26 August 2012

We recently stayed in the Green Room. The location is very close to Saratoga Springs but away from its constant hustle and bustle during racing season.
Our room was spotless, the water in the shower a perfect temperature and stream.
But best of all was the personal touch of Preston.
His breakfasts were outstanding and always cooked to order.
A wonderful find. Stroll through the garden to spend a quiet moment.

Room Tip: We stayed during racing season. Comparable rooms in Saratoga would be less spacious and not as charm...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GlobalTapDancer
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The Burgundy room could not have been more perfect and beautiful, with an old fashioned bath tub as well as a large shower. The whole house was beautiful and the hosts were lovely to talk to. There were delicious, soft brownies and ice tea laid out at night. The breakfast included delicious blueberry pancakes with fresh blueberries inside the folded over pancakes, with bacon, oj, coffee and tea. The hostess even offered to pick fresh mint leaves from outside for my tea. The other guests had their breakfasts at an earlier time, but the hosts were gracious enough to serve everyone according to their schedule. When we were checking out, I requested another coffee and I was offered a mug to take with me. I had my own cup, so I declined the offer, but I felt like I was at a friends, being offered to bring a mug to go. Beautiful home, great location, and kind people!

Room Tip: Burgundy room!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vanessa_Rodanas
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The Lewis House is the nicest B&B I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. What I especially liked was that it had the privacy of a hotel with all the charm and warmth that only a B&B can provide (old restored large Victorian with high ceilings, tasteful wallpaper and antique furniture). The innkeepers were delightful and very accommodating. There is a lot to do in the area. The Lewis House is walking distance to many shops and an interesting Glass Bottle Museum. I also dined and attended events in nearby Saratoga Springs and the drive was short (about 10 mins) and the route was easy (rt. 50 N/S). O' and the most important part: I slept very well on their high-quality mattress.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Laura D
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Lewis House for 2 nights, in the Green Room. Upon our arrival, we found our key waiting for us in a planter on the back porch. I had never stayed at a B&B before, so I had no idea what to expect when we walked in. I immediately felt at home, and loved the spacious house and beautiful decorations. There were brownies waiting in the kitchen for guests, and lemonade in the fridge. We found our way up to the room, which was very clean and spacious. I was able to peek at the Burgundy Room, which was also very beautiful. The website indicates that the Green Room is the largest room, but the Burgundy Room looked about the same and if we go again, I will be booking that room. The breakfasts served at 9 am were absolutely amazing. The coffee cake was the best I have ever had in my life, and Diane graciously gave me the recipe! The property is beautifully landscaped and Preston even sells some of his gorgeous perennials. I brought 3 plants home to plant in my garden.
We were seeing a couple of concerts at SPAC and you can't beat the location of the B&B...about 5 or 6 miles away. For the same price, if not less than, a hotel...I would definitely recommend staying here. The hosts are great and make you feel right at home.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank MicheleL1980
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Beautifully restored Inn! The Innkeepers went over and above my expectations in accommodations, service and best of all, breakfast. The breakfasts were hot and homemade with absolutely wonderful flavor. The Burgundy room was almost like a suite with its size and over-sized bathroom. As a business traveler that frequents this area, I will certainly be back as it is a much more attractive alternative to a hotel room! What an absolutely wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at Lewis House for three nights on a recent business trip to Ballston Spa and were charmed by the beautifully restored period decor of the house and by the fantastic breakfasts cooked and served by host Preston Lewis. Our room had a wonderful fireplace which we used every night. We were sad to leave Lewis House and our avuncular host, and vowed to return if our travels took us anywhere near Ballston Spa or nearby Saratoga Springs.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Burgundy Suite, which we think is the best one.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan G

Been to Lewis House? Share your experiences!