“Great food. Great people.”
Review of The Chequers Inn

The Chequers Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chequers Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$19 - US$54
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine Dining modern British
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I visited The Chequers Inn with my girlfriend and her family for my girlfriends’ birthday. When we arrived we were greeted by staff that were really friendly and a good laugh. The food was really tasty and well presented. I had roast beef cooked medium with all the trimmings. It was the best roast dinner I have had in a long time. My girlfriend really enjoyed her birthday and was so happy when the staff came and sung happy birthday when the desserts came out. Everything about the place was perfect for the occasion as I had also just proposed to my girlfriend the night before. The staff really did make our time at The Chequers very special.

1  Thank L N
There are newer reviews for The Chequers Inn

Reviewed 14 September 2012

An unusual twist on a traditional Christmas 'Roast', may not appeal to all but I enjoyed it and the host/staff were excellent. An Aylesbury Vale Food Pub Of The Year Winner (I think).

1  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Interesting mouthwatering menu attracted us first, as well as good reviews. I phoned to book and was pleasantly surprised how friendly the lady owner was, and when we arrived for lunch, what a lovely friendly welcome from everyone. We ate in the restaurant and you immediately notice the beautifully laid tables, polished glasses and cutlery. Great 1st impression. We shared the starters, scallops and hand made haddock filled pasta, mouthwatering! My husband had the special of fish and chips and I had (Welsh) lamb chops and a stack of dauphinoise potatoes, and we tried, for the first time, samphire, all beautifully cooked and presented and delicious. The owner is the chef, and he came out for a quick chat (along with his wife who was waitressing) which was great, (they love what they are doing with a passion) and we left wishing we lived in this lovely village, and had this gem as our local.....

1  Thank LaPorteEstRouge
Reviewed 9 September 2012

The food was very nice and the service very attentive and quick.
We decided to eat at the restaurant although the pub menu was also very nice.
Will definitely recommended and we will be back for more.
The fish & chips was supers and the lamb
Shank tender and delicious.

1  Thank mrodri81
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Wow! I can't express enough how wonderful our experience at The Chequers Inn was. We recently had a small, intimate wedding in Weston Turville and couldn't have found a more perfect venue for a fabulous family dinner.
We were greeted warmly by staff and every wish was accommodated. We were seated in the back of the restaurant which is raised and quite private.We were a party of 26 adults and small children,but it was a smooth, effortless experience. All courses were swiftly provided and the food couldn't be faulted. The chef, Dritan, and his team should be commended for providing dishes of a consistently high standard time and time again.We LOVEd it. My guests are still talking about the experience. Dad(81) has had plenty of wedding courses over the years, but this was his best experience yet- that's saying something from a serious, fastidious foodie.
We were served by such pleasant staff; who made a big effort to engage with my daughter(2). We never felt rushed, even though we were aware that another big party would be needing the table later.
We've also been in for dinner on a busy Saturday night and received an equally wonderful service; just the two of us.
Anyone passing through Weston Turville, or the Wendover area should definitely take a detour and have dinner in this lovely gem of a restaurant.

1  Thank Ellie C