“60th Birthday Weekend Treat”
Review of Hartwell House

Hartwell House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hartwell
Reviewed 31 January 2012

F A O – James Collard

Dear James

I wish to express my thanks to you for organising the event at the weekend for my wife’s birthday.
The weekend was a tremendous success with not a hitch, even with the hotel having 100% capacity; it did not affect the service, comfort or atmosphere.
My wife and guests thoroughly enjoyed the Hartwell experience.
Please pass on my thanks to all your excellent staff who made us all very welcome.

Kind Regards

Roger Timms
----------------

Room Tip: All our 5 rooms in the house were excellent - 4 with Four posters .My choice would be No 6. If you...
1  Thank Roger T

Reviewed 30 January 2012

went here for my 30th birthday, thought i had booked afternoon tea but by accident booked lunch. should have done my homework a bit better and was completely under dressed! i would say ladies in dresses and gents in suits is a must! oh and also if you happen to go and your exhaust is slightly blowing and hasnt been recently valeted! parking assistants! il leave the rest to your imagination! very embarrassed. we were greeted at the door and shown to the drawing room by the butler who brought us drinks and canapes, its an a la carte menu so not much food but very pretty! and at the time the choice of belly pork or smoked wood pigeon, cant say i was watering at the mouth for either but plumped for the pork. It was delicious and all served silver service so definately felt pampered. desert i chose was cheese board and i have to be honest for no other reason than i was absolutely starving! that too was delicious.

the house is beautiful and the grounds seemed lovely but the day we went it rained so not much for us to see sadly.

to sum up, definately dress up! dont go starving because you will probably leave starving and if you are inclined to feel out of place in places where you arent upper class (like me) then give it a skip.

il admit its fantastic, but pricey and i honestly didnt enjoy it( not through any fault of theirs ) but because of my own social standing so to speak.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank claire c
Reviewed 21 January 2012

My wife and I have met up with friends/relatives here about 2/3 times a year for the past 3/4 years and have always found the lunch to be excellent value. We choose the 3 course set lunch with coffee as we like the way the chef dovetails the courses and it saves us having to choose. We went yesterday and had the 'Winter Pimms' seasonal set lunch starting with a glass of winter pimms followed by the set three course lunch including coffee and chocolates all for the magnificent price of £23.50! You can see the menu on the hotel's website. But the price is not the only thing. The food quality is first class, service impeccable and the venue is stunning. We've never been disappointed and we'll be back later in the year.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

James Collard was superb in helping us to organise this special evening in the James Watt
and James Gibbs Rooms. The tables with flowers and candles looked great. Food was
terrific and staff were friendly and helpful; attentive without being obtrusive - just as it should
be. We were able to relax and thoroughly enjoy our event. Our Magician, Paul Megram,
was fantastic as was the Sophie Thurman Jazz Band. Our guests were impressed with their bedrooms and the spa. Everything was special in this beautiful hotel. Do try it for
a weekend break some time.

1  Thank Chorale
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Just returned from lunch w/4 friends. Setting beautiful; service impeccable; food delicious (main courses slightly on small side). Much more than a restaurant due to wonderful country home drawing rooms for canapes and drinks, then lunch, then coffee and mince pies in different drawing room w/lively fireplace, original antique furnitue, paintings, tapestries etc. Post-prandial around lovely grounds with lake and swans. Anyone who rates this place only one or two is either a philistine or has an unreasonable grudge. My wife and I have also stayed at Hartwell on two occasions and it was a treat.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JEC45
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Below is a copy of a letter I have just sent to the General Manager of Hartwell House - I think it speaks for itself and as you'll see I really can't recommend the place highly enough.

Dear Jonathan

I've just returned from a wonderful 2 night stay/conference at your beautiful hotel and I had to email you to congratulate you on running such a wonderful venue.

The fact that the hotel is stunning and set in beautiful surroundings speaks for it self on the drive in, but what I was even more impressed with was your team. I stay away regularly for work however this is the first time I have stayed at Hartwell House (the first of many I may say). I have never received or witnessed such consistently high levels of customer service in my life. From the moment I arrived (and went to the spa entrance by accident!) every single one of your team I encountered were hugely polite and extremely helpful. Their attention to detail was simply amazing, the waiters/barman even remembered my drink after just one night.
The room was lovely, the towels warm and fluffy and the food absolutely delicious - I really couldn't think of anything I would change.

Your team are a huge credit to you and obviously a testament to the way you lead the business. Happiness at work is so important and your team are clearly VERY happy, atmosphere and attitude like that is impossible to fake.

People are always so quick to complain but very rarely comment on good service (I certainly don't do it as often as I should!).

The difference on this occasion is that my stay with you and the customer service standard I received wasn't just good - it was absolutely exceptional.

Room Tip: There were 16 in my party, all seperate rooms and not one complaint as they are all lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank SallyAustin141
Reviewed 23 November 2011

My husband and I were treated to a celebratory lunch today. The location, ambience, food, drink and service were excellent. Lots of very pleasant staff in the restaurant, the timing of the courses was good. All in all, thoroughly enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bossybabe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartwell
Five Arrows Hotel
#1 of 2 in Taplow
Danesfield House Hotel And Spa
Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
De Vere Oxford Thames

Been to Hartwell House? Share your experiences!