“Lovely food and atmosphere”

The Bottle and Glass
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I had the spinach and ricotta crespoline - which was delicous, my date had steak cooked as requested. The staff were attentive and the ambiance of the resturant perfect for a date.

1  Thank Traveller3540

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Ate here with a group of friends last night, we had sandwiches, chips, a pie and one of the party had just a desert. Had to wait a while at the bar to order drinks, I was the only one waiting but there was nobody behind it!
The sandwiches, chips and pie (lamb and mint and came with chunky chips and a little selection of asstd veg) were enjoyed by all those that had them.
The choc fondant pudding was a huge let down, the party member having it had expected it to be along the lines of the M & S advert one, with the fondant being gooey in the middle. It was completely the opposite, sponge very dry and what looked like half a flake in the middle, after pointing this out to the waltress who was very apologetic, it was taken away and returned a few mins later, now even dryer and obviously rewarmed.
Very dissapointing (and at 6.25 rather pricey), she complained again and was not charged.
Other than that, a lovely evening with great company, the pub does seem to live a bit on its name as I have eaten here on a couple of occasions in the past and the service is a bit under par.

1  Thank winniethepooh
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I have just moved to aylesbury, and after driving past this pub/restaurant a few times and thinking that it looked nice, i decided to give it a go! The night before we went was fully booked and we managed to get in on the saturday..JUST. I must say we did leave booking quite late! But i took this as a good sign for them to be busy!
When I turned up I was pleased that in inside decour matched the beautiful exterior of the building. We were greeted at the bar and offered drinks before our meal, which I was pleased with as it allowed me time to browse the specials! The staff were all very chatty and friendly. We were seated to our table and immediately offered the menu. I had decided on my starter from the specials menu which was belly pork, it was lovely!! For main I had pork again, but this time the tenderloin which was cooked to perfection and served with lovely fresh veg and potatoe dish of the day! We all ordered different deserts, I had the crumble which was lovely, but my mum had the sticky toffee which i will DEFINATELY have next time!! It was amazing!!!! The chocolate fondant was also very yummy!!!
So yes overall the service was very good and so was the food!! I will definately be going back!!! :-)

Reviewed 21 December 2011

I ate here last week with friends and was so disappointed.

The food was luke warm, the portion size was small, the price was large.

We won't be returning . . .

2  Thank Crash_Rescue