“Country pub - fabulous food and atmosphere”
Review of The Seven Stars

The Seven Stars
Reserve with OpenTable
The Seven Stars is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Dinton
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2013

A few minutes off the main road between Aylesbury and Thame - well worth a visit.
Food can be served in the bar or restaurant. Good choice on the menu which is changed seasonally, plus regular Fizz & Chips on a Tuesday and other specials on the board change daily. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

My sister, Corinne Eckford, and her husband James, held their wedding reception at the Seven Stars for 64 people, including around 15 children from 1 - 14 years old, on 27 December 2012. Aside from the wonderful Steph and her staff, the food was superb and how the staff coped with toddlers through 8 year old children running around between courses I will never know. A French inspired menu, my duck confit was excellent, and my French onion soup one of the best I have had in several years. We made a point of returning, with my sister and her husband and our families the day before leaving England after three weeks holiday. Being a bit fussy about food and service, not a decision taken lightly. Although one main course arrived 5 minutes after the other entrees, the apology, as well as extra black pudding on the pork belly tower with black pudding mash was sincerely delivered and much appreciated. I also tried the salmon, very good if a bit overcooked for my taste, and the sirloin steak, ordered medium rare, and very good although again a minute overdone and I would order rare next time. I tasted James' pork belly with black pudding mash, and worth ordering (and paying more for) extra black pudding on top of the pork; a well-balanced and mouth-watering dish. The Seven Stars pub / restaurant is owned by the community of Dinton, a small village about 10 minutes drive from Aylesbury, and is well worth a much longer drive to eat and drink. Highly recommended for value for money and quality of welcome.

www.sevenstarsdinton.com
Steph@sevenstarsdinton.com

Thanks again Steph and all for the wonderful wedding reception.

1  Thank Craig-Manila
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Small pub in the countryside, the food is what you would expect from a little place but it is good quality, some locally sourced and very tasty.
The pricing is about right for what is available, well worth a visit.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I took my mother to the Seven Stars for lunch on her 90th birthday and we both very much enjoyed our meal. Our starters were French onion soup and a risotto cake with pesto and tomatoes then my mother had Confit of duck and I had smoked haddock. Both were served with saute potatoes and mange tout. My mother also had red cabbage and I was meant to have asparagus with my meal but the chef forgot to add it before it was served and I didn't miss it until I had almost finished. For dessert my mother had sticky toffee pudding and this arrived with a candle (I had told our waitress that it was my mother's special birthday). The food was perfectly cooked and beautifully presented.
We were the only diners in the restaurant but my mother appreciated the quiet. I thought the cost was very reasonable for such a good quality meal.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

The Seven Stars in Dinton finally has a 'heart'. We have been locals for years and when looking for a resturant to hold a family celebration we obviously wanted to consider this pub. However in the past we had dismissed the pub for such occasions as somehow it just did not feel special. All that has changed since some of the villagers have bought the place! The new manager has a wonderful way of making you feel very special and that your custom is important. Nothing is too much trouble and a fixed menu was designed to accomodate family members with allergies as well as a large group of children!. The food was just lovely and served with such style, many of our family emailed us to comment of the high standard after returning home. For so many reasons it was a very memorable occasion................

2  Thank familytravel189