Kittatinny Campgrounds
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Barryville
See available hotels
Ledges Hotel(Hawley)
Rodeway Inn(Milford)
Alexander Motel(Sparrow Bush)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2012

At first glance, I was quite happy with Barryville Base at Kittatinny Campgrounds. It looked nice enough, the location was nice, and the people who worked there were extremely friendly. We set up our site without a hitch and proceeded to have a nice afternoon. That fun continued into the early evening, as we enjoyed our time in and around our campsite.

Around 11PM, our first set of "neighbors" arrived and started setting up their campground. They were a bit of a distance away from us and somewhat lower down. I figured it was more than enough room to give everyone their own space. I didn't even balk when their headlights were blaring right into our tent. I figured that the children playing tag, as well as the loud Latin music, would calm as soon as they got settled into their campsite.....That didn't happen. Soon, their friends arrived and started setting up a short distance away. They also used their headlights to light their campsite, and they also blared their music VERY loudly.

Around 3AM, the music lowered and it was pretty clear that the kids were alseep. That didn't stop the drunk men from howling and howling around the fire. Around 4:30AM, I finally fell asleep from exhaustion. When I woke up at 8, I noticed that the drunkards were asleep and that the women were making breakfast. Within 30 minutes, one of the guys awoke and the music started back up again.

I figured that this was just one night and that I was just unlucky. However, after talking to another family who stayed recently, it is apparently the norm. And after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, it is very clear that there is a problem.

I actually didn't mind the bathrooms (a common complaint on TripAdvisor). Bathrooms in the woods are never going to be squeaky clean. But I did mind the noise. Kittatinny Canoes has "security" on duty 24 hours, but you never would have known it. They also have a manager who seems to be one of the nicest guys ever, but it is clear that he has lost control.

I might return to go tubing or ziplining, but I will never camp here again.

Room Tip: If you do decide to camp here (I wouldn't), be persistent in making sure that you are placed in a "quiet" area. When I complained to the manager (nice guy), he said that there is an area where the "experienced" campers are placed. I have no idea where that is, but I figure it was much more quiet than our spot.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank John O
Reviewed 26 August 2012

While the scenery of the creak and the river is nice, the camp grounds are plain terrible. They charge $40 a night (plus/minus for the location, water, etc.) sites have trash, creak has bottles floating, bathrooms are ran down with broken everything from light fixtures, counters, showers. You name it, its probably broken. Never seen anything this bad.
They also have some very absurd regulations. Such as no axes on camp site. Which means you are not allowed to chop the fire wood you just bought from them.

Room Tip: Stay away from them.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed for four nights this past week. I found our sites to be awesome. We had about 10 ppl and all went tubing and it cost us about $500+ for Te stay and river trip. We really love tubing down the Deleware river. I do have to say that the bathrooms and showers are in terrible disrepair and most don't work at all. Cleanliness in these areas is important to me and it fell very short. The staff is mediocre with the exception of a young man named Mark who was very helpful to our group on river trips. I would love to return but the bathrooms may away my decision. We are a group who loves to hang out late and I rarely heard loud noise at night, but it was weekdays during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ugotjaw1982
Reviewed 19 August 2012

this was my first time and last time at kittatinny campgrounds.What everyone else is saying is so true.Broken down bathrooms,the pool was green all weekend and then it was a lttle cleaner and they actually let people go in GROSS.This place is mostly run by kids they speed around there trucks not following their own rules,and we had the loudest drunkest neighbors..Our sites water was off all weekend and we had to walk to another site for water,they were suppose to turn it in a few times through out the day but only turned it on once.The only good thing would be that my Son had fun going to paintball,which I think was a little expensive.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Patricia K
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This place is a disgrace. The grounds have old trash, the bathrooms are in disrepair, and absolutely no effort is made to quiet rowdy drunken campers after hours. All they have is location. They should be ashamed.

• Stayed: June 2012