“Worst Campground Ever”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barryville
Kittatinny Campgrounds
cal216
“Worst Campground Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

Unfortunately this campground is over run with people who have no respect for other campers or the grounds. Many of the campers seem to be city people who are not familiar with camping. Music blasted ALL NIGHT long. M80s blasted off all through the night. Disturbances during the night included crying, roaring laughter, car horns beeping and even bright headlights shining into our tent. Heavy drinking and partying all through the campground. People left garbage, food, etc. out all night. Bathrooms were the filthiest I have ever seen. They had a constant brown water level with hair on the floors. Showers were filthy and cold. Cleaning crew did a lousy job, but it is incredibly difficult cleaning up after people who dump garbage and even underwear on the floors. Don't even attempt to go near the pool. It is the size of a postage stamp and filthy too. Staff did nothing to control the noise or garbage. Bottom line is the staff just doesn't care. Delaware River was great for rafting, but do NOT camp here unless you are looking for an ALL NIGHT party.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank cal216

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

This place is horrible, The bathrooms are disgusting out of code and unsanitary,people were using the woods as bathrooms #2 real charming Huh! The music rule definitely does NOT matter, bring your LOUDEST radio if you want to hear your music.They will not enforce the quiet rule and they also will not give your money back,even when you are leaving because they are not enforcing the rules that they post.I have been going here since 1988 and have watched the place turn to garbage I would suggest that they spend some money on hiring some adults over 30 to work there. I really hope that this message is read and you find someplace else (Like Indian Head) because it ruined my only vacation last year and I got stuck paying for it. DON'T GO HERE

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank AntGraz
rocky hill, connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2009

This camp ground is an upscale camping facility compared to what I am used to. I am a seasoned camper and have been to many campgrounds all over New England. Check in time can get busy at times. There is enough staff to take care of the cutomers in line in the correct manner. If you forget pack something you can purchase more in their store. I did have a problem with the bathroom facilities the complant was handeled with the staff sanitizing the bathroom and shower area and they were prompt to handel this sentive issue. I recomend this campground for parents with young children. The camping facilities offer a wide rang of activites to keep children busy. The camp has an abondance wildlife to make your adventure even more enjoyable. Early morning I was very suprised (shocked) to wake up to a group of wild turkeys about 20 feet from the tent. The turkey is an animal that has great hearing and vision it usally spooked around loud noise from campers. I am an a white water fan. The locations of the base camps offer canoeing and rafting customers of all skill levels to enjoy what the river has to offer. I can confirm I saw a Bald Eagle swoop across the river and land in a tree. The paintball Facilites escort you in their 2 ton milatary vehicle to the battlefield to give you a signature memory.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2009

We stayed at the campground early May. It wasn't crowded which was really nice. We had a little privacy. The staff were helpful and the campstore had everything that we forgot to bring. They even made breakfast sandwiches. The bathrooms were dated but were pretty clean for a campground. No cell service, a true escape from it all.

They are pet friendly! My labrador enjoyed playing in the stream and the Delaware River. We even got to bring her on the raft with us.

Stayed May 2008
NJ, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2009

I've been going camping with KC for since I was a kid over 20 years. We stay at both campgrounds and have done all the river rides. When I want to get away and be completely disconnected I go here. No Cell service available at this campground is the best thing when you want to escape the daily grind.

This campground is an entire mountain and on the river. We always stay on the stream in the main camping area were they have water and electric for my 28ft Travel Trailer. I've caught some nice trout there right from the site. Kittatanny Campgrounds are pet friendly. Nice wide hiking trail over the mountain. Sites are not to far from the restrooms either.

The site is beautiful. The staff is helpful. The campstore has everything including a deli. The grounds are always neat and clean like the other KC locations. The only thing that can use some help is the bathrooms. The are dated compared to there other campsite in milford. They tend to get dirty durring the late night hours. It don't help when people can be so disrespectful when they are not the ones cleaning up..First thing in the morning they are working on them. I give that cleaning crew alot of credit, it a shame that some people can be such animals.

We enjoyed camping here. My family and I will return. The kids can't wait until there old enough to try paintball and ride in the army truck the saw on its way to that area. For now its just a van ride and tube float. Thats just fine with me.

• Liked — great location, no cell phone coverage
  • Disliked — bathrooms
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2009

We arrived Friday night, the staff was very helpful and friendly. They explained how to get to our campsite and gave us a map with clear directions. Sites and surrounding were clean,inculding fire ring. Bathroom were clean plenty of hot water and well light at night. The store was well stocked with anything a camper might need for there trip and a great deli with a grill. The pool was clean and the lifeguard friendly. The river trip was good but the water do to lack of rain was low, still a great trip. The equipment was in good shape and the lifejackets are excellent, smell really clean and very comfortable. We will return next year.

• Liked — River Trip
  • Disliked — the way other campers abuse the bathhouses
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dix Hills, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2008

My initial thought of Kittatinny's website was Beautiful! That's why I called to make a reservation for Labor day weekend. Whilst making the reservation the girl on the phone sounded young and very disinterested in what she was doing. Being that the entire price of the stay was due upfront I wanted to explain to her that we were having a different amount of people per night she ensured she understood what I was saying and none the less charged me the wrong amount. I called back and asked for a break down of the charges and she was very dry and rude on the phone in addition to being no help at all. Already I was getting a bad taste in my mouth in regards to this place. To my luck it was the personality-lacking girl that made my reservation that checked me in. While checking in she barely talked to me at all due to the fact that she was having a conversation with her co worker. The first words she said to me were "you owe $52" and she said it in a whisper while looking at her coworker. When I didn't respond she just stayed quiet and stared at me instead of repeating it like a normal person in the service industry would. When explaining how to get to the site i couldn't hear a word she said and I was so upset at that point that I just left the store and decided to figure it out on my own! While setting up the tent the music was blasting from the site next to us on the left and 3 site down on the right. To our shock the site to the left was playing drinking games and had a blow horn every time they started a new round! The music and blasts of the blow horn didn't stop until 2am! The music started again at 9am! I walked up and said "good morning" to the lady at the rafting place to check in.. her response was "this yellow copy is yours and the pink is ours" I thought she didn't hear me and said "good morning" again her response was "pick up a blue life jacket for adults and red kids" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? how rude! I can go on and on!! At 8:45pm I asked what time the closest store closed. I was told 10pm. It actually closed at 9! Missed out on dinner that night! Basically.. Tampons and pads found all over the showers and toilets. 2 out of the 6 toilets worked. 3 out of the 6 showers worked. FILTHY! Puddles of dirty water every where no toilet paper if you walked in to the working toilets your pant legs would get soaked with the filth puddles! Monday morning there was no hot water for showers or in the sink!
I know we're camping, I'm expecting to get dirty with dirt and mud- NOT with dirty, used tampons and dirty toilet water on the floor!
With all the money that this place makes you'd think they'd hire some one to clean the place up and keep it well maintained!

• Liked — the scenery while rafting was amazing.
  • Disliked — noisy, filthy and rude! I HATED IT!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
4 Thank dcrivas000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barryville
Hotel Fauchere
Woodloch Pines Resort
Catskill Mountains Resort
Catskill Mountains Resort
#2 of 5 in Barryville

Been to Kittatinny Campgrounds? Share your experiences!