“Great food and brew”

Dining options: After-hours
Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
“Great food and brew”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Love the Guiness pour and love the beef on wick (get the horseradish). The home made potato chips are light and delicious. Worth every penny. Yum and yummy, maybe even yummiest. Try O'Lacy's. You won't be disappointed.

Visited October 2013

East Bethany, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice to visit”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Nice to visit one time for the atmosphere. The bartenders were outstanding, and sitting at the bar was wonderful. When we moved to a table, however, it was an entirely different story. The waitress was quite rude and impatient with us. The food was simply okay. HOWEVER, do not hesitate to stop in for a genuine Irish pub experience.

• Visited June 2013
Rochester, NY
“An Olde World Pub”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I've been to a few Olde World Pubs and when my GF suggested we take a break and visit O'Lacy's which she had been to before, it got my attention.

In our travels together we love to frequent Bars and Grilles for the atmosphere and food. We are particularly fond of eating at the bar and getting to know the bartenders who are a wealth of information about the areas we are visiting.

O'Lacy's proved to be just the sort of place we love. It reminded us of another little Irish bar in Bar Harbor called Leary's Landing Irish Pub. A great place if you ever get there.

The original idea was only to stop for a drink and refresh ourselves but a quick look at the appetizers on the menu convinced us we had to try something. We were first surprised to find cheese, sausage and crackers on the appetizers menu. We don't normally see that. There was also Clams Casino and soups. They also had many various kinds of "Chips" in different flavors and quantities. My GF suggested the "Chips" but a limited quantity thinking I would not care for them.

I order a traditional beer on tap and my GF ordered a glass of wine. I was surprised at how full the glass of wine was. This place is not stingy on the wine.

When the cheese, crackers and sausage came out in a basket I knew we were not going to be able to eat the whole thing. Again no stinginess here. The "Chips" we ordered were the smallest order called "Regular size" on the menu. When they came out we thought OMG! who can eat that much. We also ordered the sauce for the chips the name of which escapes me, but it was sensational!

Well the Chips proved to be outstanding! Sort of reminded me of Lay's Originals, lighter and the sauce that came with them provided an entirely new eating experience. And the quantity was Huge! I'm glad we didn't order a large basket.

We looked over the rest of the menu and this told us we had to come back some time for dinner. A lot old Irish classics on here. Might bring the parents along too. They've been to Ireland and would love this trip back in time.

The whole place smacked of Olde World decor. I loved it. I would go back in a heartbeat.

One reviewer said it was too dark, so I'm thinking they haven't been to many Olde World Pubs. As for not bringing the 12 year old to such a place, please don't. Children shouldn't be in a Pub in the first place. Especially sitting at the bar drinking kiddie cocktails.

O'Lacys is a little off the beaten path but findable and there is parking galore. Go....you'll love it.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were on the road and needed to stop off the highway for dinner. We had a great meal - true to the positive TripAdvisor reviews! Our favorites were the beef stew and the chips. The service was fantastic and the food came out quick.

• Visited August 2013
“Quaint Irish Pub”
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Quaint little pub, with a delicious menu! Their reubens & stew are definitely a favorite. You've never really had a Guinness till you've had one here! Complete with a shamrock in the foam. The service is exceptional!

• Visited August 2013