“Good Slot Therapy”

Fayetteville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good Slot Therapy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Drove to the newly renovated Batavia Downs Casino recently. Had not been since summer when the old one was in operation upstairs. This new one is very nice. Much more gaming space, a nice mix of machines, bar, restaurant, a cafe (which was not open at the time), and many TV screens to keep track of the NFL games. They claim there are over 770 video gaming machines. There was a smoking room, closed off from the main areas, with quite a few machines as well. I did not stay very long, but long enough to have fun and win a little. Had better luck in a couple hours than I have had the last dozen visits to Seneca Niagara. I would go again and spend more time.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Dana M

Fairport, New York
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“This place was just renovated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is an ok place for gaming on video slots..
It looks like more work is going to be done.
We ate at the Racetrack,s grill. The fish fry was pretty good.. Also the food was not very expensive at all. I guess they make their money in other ways ( Ha ha)
We didn't get a chance to try the new restaurant, We will on the next trip
I bet over the next few months this place will look different as the expansion continues.
The smoking section is in a separate area.

Batavia, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Dinner at Fortuna's, the new restaurant - WONDERFUL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Fortuna's recently opened in Batavia Downs. I had dinner there two nights in a row - it was so wonderful, it's my new favorite place! Friday night fish fry was delicious! The cole slaw was served chopped - which I find much easier and neater to eat. The flavors were excellent! Also served with fries - cooked to perfect crispy perfection. A mini-loaf of warm, whole grain, bread was served also. Second dinner was Chicken Parmesan - and it was excellent. Since the restaurant is new, there was clearly some communication issues with the wait staff, as this item on the menu clearly indicates a side of pasta - which I did not receive. Either way, the food is excellent! The ambience is truly incredible! I did not feel like I was in Batavia.

1 Thank BataviaBev
Rochester, NY
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Poor payouts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Newly refurbished racino is clean, airy, and roomy. There are many new slot machines and 2 enclosed smoking rooms. However, the payouts are extremely poor or non- existent. My wife and I spent 3 hours on Sunday morning in the new racino playing the slot machines. I lost $120 on about 20 different penny machines and never got the free games bonus, not even once. My wife also never got any free games. Nice racino, but no wins equals no fun. I'll visit seneca niagara casino or Finger Lakes racino. We feel we have a better chance of winning. If you want to visit a newly refurbished racino with new restaurants and bar, then Batavia Downs is okay. However, if you want to win occasionally, I wouldn't recommend this racino.

4 Thank Zimski
Amherst, New York, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Batavia Downs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

They have seasonal horse race track and a small race track casino, no table games slots only. It is a pleasant place to visit and enjoy an day or a few hours of gambling on slots or the horses when they are racing. One thing I like is the non smoking atmosphere which is better for me and my allergies; but they do have an enclosed area for gamblers who smoke. The casino is actually in the upper part of the building and escalators quickly take you there. And if you cannot use the escalators, there is an elevator available down a hall to the right of them. I cannot comment on the food served there because we usually eat at Alex's Place or the Red Osier before coming,, which are two excellent restaurants in Batavia - we are not locals of the Batavia area, but enjoy the hour plus ride to the region.

Visited September 2013