“Have your party elsewhere”

Palm Island Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Batavia
More attraction details
Owner description: 2 Fully Enclosed Body Slides 24’ Tall: Blue Barracuda: 169’ translucent blue Exits Building and comes back in. Crazy Cobra: 196 Orange with state of the art led Lighting inside, Exits building and goes back inside. Monsoon Lagoon: Children’s Pool & Play Area, Play Lagoon with Beach Entry. Yellow Single Racer Slide: Orange enclosed body slide. Hand Jets, Rope pull shower, 5 way tipping buckets, Mushroom Umbrella & More. Swim Lagoon:Basketball Hoop, Underwater Lighted Pool with waterfall, Underwater Lighted Hot Tub. Additional Features: 2 Birthday Party Rooms, Arcade with 15 plus Games and Photo booth, Full Service concession Stand, Men’s & Women’s Changing room, Locker rentals available. Don’t forget to check out the Gift Shop.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This place might be fine if you're just visiting with young children for a few hours, but for the significant price they charge for a birthday party, I'm not impressed. The place is a zoo- and I don't mean a lot of kids running and having fun as you'd expect, I mean there is no oversight- in any way. From kids dunking other kids, to adults trying to find a staff person for assistance, to not enough seating for those not in the water, to the awful (and cold, stale) food, down to the birthday party room, which smelled like mold, it was just an awful place. I've also never encountered a business that doesn't allow you to buy more (which equals spend more) than what's included in the package (birthday party menu items). We won't be back and I don't recommend it to anyone honestly. Drive 90 minutes to splash lagoon and have a fun, safe, "worth your money" time.

3  Thank KeyGypsy
Tom P, General Manager at Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good time during your event at the Waterpark. I am having difficulty with some of the information you posted in your review. My two main focuses are the food and the staffing. For your food concerns we always have your food ready and hot in the party room at the start of the party time to make sure your event stays on track as to not throw off your party schedule. We are always more than happy to add food to your event from the time you make the reservation all the way up to the time you leave the waterpark. We also always try and meet any dietary requirements anyone may have. So I apologize if you feel that we did not meet your requirements for this. For your staffing issue we have someone in the Concession Stand and Gift shop area to assist any guest. Along with associates and guards on the pool deck. We would have been happy to address any of your concerns.
We have had several guests tell us how reasonable our party pricing is. In fact I personally just spoke to someone about it and she doubled checked the pricing because she thought it would be a lot more. I would be happy to assist you further with any of your concerns if you'd like to contact us directly.

All reviews
"blast"
in 11 reviews
"ny"

Reviewed 6 April 2014

water is small but my children age of 7 and 10 enjoy lot. I also enjoy 2 big slide and hot tub. Life guard doing their job perfectly.

1  Thank Mehul K
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a great place to go with young children when looking for something to do rather than be stuck indoors all winter! But not much for any older kids! I've been to a lot better water parks before. I had the chance to go to this one for a grand child's birthday party. As I said, the young ones had a ball! But after awhile, they even got bored with what was offered!

1  Thank Kathleen H
Tom P, General Manager at Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Our Waterpark at this time is completely family friendly and geared for children 12 and under. I am happy to hear that the younger kids enjoyed their visit to the park. We look forward to their return visit. When we go to expand we are looking into adding more features to keep the older kids enjoyment longer.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

poor water quality, No Control over little kids in the adult hot tub, water was cold, I would rather travel farther than go here again.

2  Thank liz h

We are sorry you are not completely satisfied with your visit to the Waterpark. Our Waterpark at this time is completely family friendly and geared for children 12 and under. With that being said we do not have a designated adult hot tub. Our Spa is kept at 98.5degrees so that everyone can enjoy it without concern for age and length of stay in the Spa. We are sorry that you were under the misunderstanding that it was an adult only Hot Tub. This is probably why you felt the temperature was on the cooler side. We try not to designated areas to specific ages unless regulated my state mandates.