“Stay away!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Constantia, New York
“Stay away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

The whole place smelled strange, nothing in the fitness room worked, and the pool was cold, green and moldy. Being backed up to the thruway makes for a loud night's sleep. My family voted to make the long drive home to get to our own beds rather than spend another awful night in that dumpy hotel!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Central Lake, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stopped in here for the night while travelling to Maine from Michigan. This was a very nice motel. The pool was great for the kids after a long day on the road, and the continental breakfast was more than we could have asked for. I would definitely recommend this motel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jessica M
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The hotel was very dirty. Our shower and our sink wouldn't drain right, the toilet was clogged, and the bed spread had some stains on it. The staff was pretty nice although the one lady gave us a plunger and told us to go unclog the toilet because she couldn't. The breakfast was ok but there was so much dust on the drink machine that my dad wrote clean me on it with his finger. The pool was very cloudy and there were hairballs floating around in it. In our room there was no screen in the one window and in the other one the screen was torn apart. From out room window all we could see was the highway and a drain pipe. I would not recommend that you stay in this hotel. It is not a good place to be.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

I have relatives who live in Batavia and Silver Lake, NY, and I come here 2-3 times a year. Out of all the hotels I've stayed in the area, this was my least favorite. Although the staff was friendly, there were many problems. The bathtub wouldn't drain right. The pool was very cloudy. Fitness center equipment didn't work. Toilet was clogged, and woman at front desk gave me a plunger and told me to go unclog it myself. It wasn't very clean. One of our windows had a broken screen, and one didn't have a screen at all. Our room also had a beautiful view of the New York Thruway and a water drain. Breakfast was actually, however, pretty good. There was a PGA golf tournament nearby in Rochester, NY, so it was our only option. Also, because of the PGA tour, they jacked up their rates from $108.10 to $154 dollars a night, but eventually my dad told the manager, and he changed mostly everything wrong. Not very clean, either. I would not recommend this property for anyone, knowing that I would be making a poor decision for others, and unless I was desperate and needed a hotel room fast, like this time, I wouldn't stay here again, either.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael D
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

The basic room at this motel was ok, but drab browns and beiges. The pool was the BIG disappointment. We had several hours before our evenings plans and went to the pool to relax. There was visible dirt on the bottom, the water was cloudy and worst of all, there was green slime at several places around the water line and on the pol deck where water looked to have drained. When we complained we were told that the "pool person" had not come in that day, they were sorry and would give us 10% off. Some of these conditions were obviously more that a one day accumulation. Having paid close to $100 for our room at the senior rate, I would have expected better. We will not return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed on 7/26/13. The bath tub did not drain (room101), towels had holes, bath mat was ragged and there were hairs and dead bugs on the floor in the bathroom. Will not be staying in this place again next time I come to Batavia, NY.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert I
Newbury, VT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Mixed experience here. Bed was supremely comfortable, nicely made up, excellent linens. But there were issues with minor maintenance and housekeeping. Two light bulbs burned out when i checked in and digital clock needed to be reset. Who needs to deal with annoyances like this when checking in after a long day on the road? Jacuzzi looked inviting, but only worked for about two minutes before conking out, and no amount of fiddling with the controls could get it going again. With more attention to housekeeping and maintenance, this could be a much better hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side away from the NYS Thruway --- south side of hotel, I think.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo