“pleasantly surprised”

Days Inn Bath Hammondsport
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I was a little apprehensive about this property due to negative comments on tripadvisor, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it was more than adequate! I specifically requested that room be NO SMOKING and in QUIET area of the hotel -- A+ ! No cigarette smoke odor whatsoever and very quiet ... and also CLEAN! My husband and son thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast bar. I enjoyed the coffee (i'm not a breakfast person). Yes, the hotel shows wear-and-tear here and there but it didn't affect overall proper function. Shower water pressure and temperature was sufficient, room was comfortable temperature. Bathroom should have exhaust fan, though. The staff was pleasant and friendly, even deducted an additional % from final bill due to a coupon my husband found just before we checked out. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: when booking room online, be specific in 'requests' about what you require, in capitals! su...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Keyur1176, General Manager at Days Inn Bath Hammondsport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment regarding your stay with our hotel. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. At this hotel, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times. Therefore, we are very pleased to hear from guest that have stayed with our hotel and have enjoyed their stay. Again I want to thank you for choosing Days Inn Bath and giving us the opportunity to be your host.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The hotel was a little relaxed on security, the front desk gave the previous night guest a active card to our room and he opened the door to find out his room was already given to the next guest. Front desk apologized but after that they deactivated all keys including ours which we found out after going out for dinner. Needless to say we were not happy about our recent stay!

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience. I appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. I assure you that the matter will be looked into and we will take every steps to ensure that this never happens again. We do take this issue very seriously and will get to the bottom of the problem. Again I apologize for inconveniences that you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This place needs a complete remodel. Yuk! Moldy tub, curtains falling off the wall, carpet molding coming off the wall...did I mention the tub doesn't drain? This was a very unfortunate choice...it was late and we picked it off the Internet. We won't stay here or any Days Inn again. This is a Wyndham affiliate?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments expressing the problems you encountered during your stay. We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. At our hotel, we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was given a smoking room that smelt terrible due to the lack of other available rooms. I was given a key to this room, only to find it had not even been cleaned yet (This was at 5pm). I went down to the front desk and the very helpful staff member found me a different room after someone else had cancelled their reservation. She was extremely helpful and understanding of the situation.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

First of all let me apologize with issues your had during your stay, I am glad that the guest service agent was able to find a non smoking room for you, I will definitely pass your message to her about going above and beyond of guest expectation.
Again I want to apologize and hope that you will give us another chance while your plans bring you back to this area.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bath
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath
Vinehurst Inn & Suites
Vinehurst Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Hammondsport
Best Western Maple City Inn

Been to Days Inn Bath Hammondsport? Share your experiences!