“Excellent / Small place for a show”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Boulton Center for the Performing Arts
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Bay Shore
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Bolton center is a great place to see a show. Its a small venue so your not packed in like sardines.
Easy getting in / out of the show.
They usually have some decent performers / acts you can see at a reasonable price. You don't have to spend $125.00 a ticket like Bdway.
If you want to see a good show without the stress of commuting to NYC, spending a load of $$ and hassle getting in / out of the venue, go to the Bolton Center

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Great venue. Always a fine concert. Not a bad seat in the house Just saw Glenn Tilbrook. He had his son with him who sings, plays the bongos and guitar. Very intimate place. Never to expensive to see someone

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We were pleasantly surprised walking into this little gem of a place. The deco looking lobby was really neat and they had candy and other treats under glass in an old school style. The wine selection was really unexpected! Our seats were in the front row, but really didn't need to be as the theater is small and has sloped seating and every seat in the place is a good seat.

The only complaint I had of the night was an over zealous usher who scolded me for setting the evenings program on the stage while I took my jacket off. That's no biggie though. The sound and atmosphere in the Boulton Center is really terrific. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Bay Shore itself is a nice enough little city from what we saw. The only problem is if you want to be within walking distance of the theater there are only 2 choices for lodging and they are both absolutely terrible (you can read my review of the Red Carpet inn). A nice spot to stay in town would be icing on the cake!

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We went to see Jimmy Webb at Boulton. The Theater was small and the sound was good. Parking was convienent.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

First I want to say I am almost sorry to write about this place because I am afraid that if it gets too well known I won't be able to get tickets to events here. A week and a half ago my wife and I saw a concert with Alejandro Escovedo during the 10th season kickoff. The place holds less than 260 people and there are no bad seats. The prices vary by the act but this one was $45 and if I knew that they gave a discount to WFUV members I would have gotten a 15% discount.
There are many nice little restaurants that have a variety of ethnic foods from Thai to Southern cooking. It was so easy to get to also. Right off of Sunrise Highway and there is also lots of parking right near the theater too.
I cannot wait for my next concert there and have already picked up tickets for two more shows. Oh yeah, there was no warmup act so the concert was over in just under 2 hours.

1  Thank librarian81