“Delicious Italian Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Trattoria Thirty Five has been on Bell Blvd. for several years. It used to be "Gino's." We celebrated a birthday. We had hot antipasto, 2 orders of raw oysters and clams for appetizers. Our group had a variety of entrees: linguini with seafood, branzino, and pizza. Everything was delicious. Portions were large and we ate the left overs the next day. The restaurant did give 1 complementary tiramisu to celebrate the birthday. The bill for 8 of us (including a 3 year old) was $500. Pretty pricey, but the food was good. Parking on the street is easy but valet is available. There is a private room for parties and they have a new "Opera Night." Chris, our server, was terrific.

1  Thank DrKatieRN

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Came to this Italian restaurant based on the high ratings on tripadvisor and recommendations to celebrate family and friends birthdays. Made reservations without any trouble and restaurant was easy to find. Valet parking available but street parking is plentiful. Restaurant atmosphere was very nice with a sort of family style feel to it.
The service was very good as the waiter was patient with our ordering since we had a large party of 6. The food selections were good and the portions were large for the price. We ordered the shrimp scampi, the seafood with linguine, the parmigana (combo of veal,chicken and eggplant). The food was a bit ordinary and not quite as good as other reviewers described. We expected more authentic and better based on other tripadvisor reviewers comments.
What really surprised us was that when the waiter found out that we were celebrating 3 birthdays in our party that he brought out complimentary cakes (2 cheesecakes and 1 tiramisu) for our party. We were so surprised and happy too! What could be better than that? Well we found out when the waiter brought out the bill and told us that he ordered 2 complimentary cakes and charged us for the 3rd. I guess that would be ok if he asked us before bringing the cakes out to us. For the price of the 3rd cake (which wasn't very good) we had to fork over an additional $6 to the bill. Though we didn't mention it to the waiter we will pass next time based on the quality of the food and the honesty of the server.

1  Thank caribbeantraveler2
Reviewed 15 October 2011

After reading the Tripadvisor reviews, my wife and I decided we really wanted to try a local place that would make us feel like they were happy that we chose them. If anything, the reviews did not do Trattoria Thirty Five justice. In fact, we were so impressed by last night's visit, when my adult sons offered to take us out for my birthday, we decided to try them again.

Six of us showed up without reservations at 7:30 on a crowded Saturday night. Arturo, our waiter from last night, remembered me by name (last night was our first visit) and seated us at the bar. We had one drink, waited only 15 minutes, but Michael, the owner, bought our table a round of drinks for the inconvenience.

The food was more than just good. Our table had a variety of appetizers (seafood salad was great as was the grilled octopus (tasted like steak). Our main dishes were equally as good. From the black linguini, to the stuffed pork chops, to the osso buco to the brick oven pizza we were all members of the clean plate club. The service was top notch. Ricardo, our waiter, was friendly, funny, and attentive. In fact, we were so relaxed and felt so at home, we would have of overlooked any lapses in food or service except there were none.

When we ordered son coffee and expresso, one of our party asked for a shot of sambuca for his coffee. almost instantly, a bottle was placed on our table..no charge. I don't k now why I haven't noticed this place before, but it is a sure bet that I will be back. Thank you Michael and staff.

1  Thank rxman48
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I've been to Trattoria Thirty Five many times and each time we are welcomed in as if we are family. Michael greets us always with a handshake and a smile, Vinny our waiter is always friendly with a smile as is all the staff! I cannot say enough wonderful things about the restaurant to friends and family. I always highly recommend Trattoria Thirty Five and it is our kids favorite restaurant for any of our celebrations!

Reviewed 1 October 2011

In occasion of our Anniversary & my Birthday we went Trattoria 35 for dinner! We were greeted by Michael, the owner who made us feel so welcomed! I am a great cook yet we were so very impressed with the food we ordered! We Are looking forward to going there again and bringing our friends with us!