“Very Good Choice For Your NYC Visit”

Adria Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bayside
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have stayed at the Adria Hotel on a bi-monthly basis for the past two years when in New York on business. The room is clean with comfortable bed, fridge, flat screen tv and is reasonably priced. However, no ESPN or YES network for the sports fan. The shining star at the Adria is Henry Soria who mans the front desk from !2:00am - 8:00am. Henry will always go the extra mile to make sure your visit to the Adria is a pleasurable one. His friendly and engaging personality and willingness jump in and resolve any problem that may arise makes him a true ambassador for the hotel. I highly recommend the Adria Hotel and Conference Center.

John P

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank John P
There are newer reviews for Adria Hotel And Conference Center

Reviewed 22 March 2012

As a former NY resident, I never stayed at the Adria. The room was clean, and the bed very comfortable. Upon request, I even got a microwave delivered to the room. On the downside, the complimentary breakfast was a bit disappointing, no real cable channels, and the parking was tough at night.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bay were quiet and nice view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank cara2791
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We arrived in New York for a wedding and this hotel was recommended by the Bride's family. When we checked in, the staff seemed to be very off and out of it. Our room was gross and very dark. We could hear the highway and all the buses on Northern Blvd all night. The shower head also didn't work properly and the toilet seemed to be always backed up. One night, there was a wedding in the banquet halls in the lobby and we could hear it from all the way up on the 5th floor. Because of all the noise, someone called the NYPD and all the guest saw at least 15 people getting taken away including one of the BRIDE'S MAIDS! The only good part of this trip was that the hotel provided a free breakfast in the morning. I would not go back to this place because this is the one of few hotels that make New York look bad. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone who can afford something better.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Alex K
vmalhotra, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

I am sorry to read your comments about our hotel for your June 2011 stay with us. Even though we are not a luxury hotel, we pride ourselves in the cleanliness and upkeep of our property. For any maintenance problem such as showerhead or toilet, if a guest informs our front desk, we rectify the problem immidiately or we offer to change the guest's room.

As far as noise by another guest or a group of guests is concerned, we do call the police and ask the guests making noise to leave the premises for the comfort and safety of our other guests.

I am glad to note that you did like our hot complimentary breakfast. We also offer complimentary high speed wireless internet access throughout the hotel in addition to a business center located in the hotel lobby.

I would request you to give us another chance to change your opinion about us.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

When you think of staying in NYC, a busy boulevard in Queens is probably not your first thought. However, with Manhattan hotels costing an arm and a leg, you sometimes have to consider the cheaper options. So let's start with the positives:

The room was very good - I opted for a suite on the top floor which only cost a bit more than the standard rooms - it was well equipped with TV (which worked), fridge, sofa and tables. It was reasonably clean, although I did note that whilst they changed the bed and cleaned the bathroom daily, they only vacuumed and polished as I checked out.

The reception staff and management were excellent - always friendly and quite helpful for me (coming from the UK) advising me of how to use the buses, how best to get into Manhattan etc.

The location was reasonable - there are bus stops right outside, and you can get into Manhattan relatively easily by the LIRR (about 1 mile walk away) or you can get the bus into Flushing and go from there.

However, the location was also part of the downside - Northern Boulevard has non-stop traffic and if you have a room on that side of the hotel, remember to take earplugs! Although I never particularly felt threatened, the safety chain on the room door and the "no soliciting" sign at the entrance to the hotel evidenced the fact that you are not in the most salubrious part of town.

While breakfast was perfectly adequate (and included in the price), the disposable plates and cutlery gave an air of cheapness and the breakfast room lacked any form of ambience.

However, you get what you pay for in this life, and for a cheap option, it is certainly bearable.

Room Tip: Choose on the back side of the hotel - the front on Northern Boulevard is incredibly noisy!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Donkey63
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed at the Adria last week, and booked a double room with a cot to accommodate my teenage daughter. The room itself was fine if small. The cot was awful. It was so lumpy and soft that my daughter hardly slept. Fortunately, we were able to put her up with a NYC-based member of our family for the rest of the trip.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Gene R
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We had a great time staying at the Adria hotel, in Bayside NY. The conference center that was reserved for us gave the privacy to spend time with family and share nice dinners and breakfasts during our stay. The hotel itself was clean and staff was friendly. The price was very attractive and affordable. Thanks for making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The only reason why I picked this hotel was because the fantastic Haitian orchestra Tropicana was performing here for a http://rockmasters.com/events.htm event. I like to stay at the same hotel when a Haitian affair is held at a hotel because these affairs go late into the night and I like to just pop upstairs to turn in for the night without doing any driving. I was quite surprised and happy with the results. I liked this hotel. Parking was easy in a partially enclosed lot attached right to the hotel. The room was clean, nicely decorated and modern up to date.

We enjoyed our stay and everything was pleasant and went as planned. The complimentary breakfast was quite good and better than most I have experienced. I would stay here again and in fact have already made reservations for Christmas weekend as my favorite Haitain band, Tabou Combo, is playing at the Adria. By the way, M' pa ayisyen ( I am not Haitian), I just love the music and love to dance to this great music called Konpa. And I like to patronize hotels that cater to Haitian events. But even if you're just happen to be staying in the area, the Adria may be your best bet.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank R60Rider
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayside
Best Western Queens Gold Coast
Wyndham Garden Fresh Meadows Flushing
The Roslyn Hotel
The Roslyn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Roslyn

Been to Adria Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!