“Small room, pleasant stay”

Adria Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bayside
Delaware
“Small room, pleasant stay”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here while in town for a wedding and the room was very nice. It was small but clean. The hotel is older and looks like it has been renovated once or twice. However, all was clean and seemed well-maintained. The staff was very nice and cordial. I received a call in the room after checking in to see if everything was satisfactory. I love that! They offer breakfast but we did not partake. The price we paid, although it may have been discounted because of the wedding party staying here, did not seem commensurate with this size property. You might expect a little more for your money. But the hotel is centrally located and it is New York, after all. I would consider staying here again, but maybe with a discount or something.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Vinnie M, Front Office Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Supapam,

First of all, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to answer our Survey. Your opinion is very important to us.

I am very glad to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and mostly the cleanliness of our room, and our customer services.
The hotel is indeed, going through a few renovation, in order to maintain it at the best quality level for our guests.

Our rates varies subject to the availability. We will be very glad to help you with the Best rate available during your next stay with us.
We will be looking forward to see you soon again.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any future inquiries,

Aurelie Artzt
Front Office Supervisor
Adria Hotel and Conference Center, Bayside NY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Leominster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I booked 8 rooms through Adria's group sales department and the process could not have been made any easier. I traveled with a group of 16 Firefighters that were headed to Ft. Totten for training with FDNY and the location was ideal for the purpose of our travel. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful with all of our needs, including parking for a small bus. I highly recommend this property for anyone that may be visiting or working in the Bayside area!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Jamieson S

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your experience at the Adria hotel.

I am very glad to see that we exceed your expectation on every point: from our location to our customer services, as well as our amenities.
We will be looking forward to see you very soon again!

Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact me directly at 718-631-4900

Best Western Bayside Inn, NY
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2014

great bayside queens hotel !!
Of the many hotels I have stayed in new York, this is my favorite.
It has a great location on northern Blvd. ,in queens.
There's bus and train transportation within 1 mile.
This location has a free morning meal buffet.
And the rooms are great with a kurig coffee maker !!
I will stay here again !!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of hotel are better not facing northern blvd.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank BAYSIDER888
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear BAYSIDER888

First of all, thank you for staying at the Adria Hotel, and for sharing your experience with us.

I am so happy to see how much you enjoyed our facilities, the location of the hotel and our amenities.
We will be looking forward to see you soon again.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance, at 718-631-5900

Adria Hotel and Conference Center, Bayside, NY
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Thin walls disrupted sleep. Could hear traffic, elevator and other guests televisions. In addition, the construction on the floor above us with what sounded like chiseling tile occurred at 1030 at night. The next night at 7-730 pm the construction noise was so loud we had to turn our television way up. My husband called to inquire about the duration of the noise. The front desk staff were receptive to our complaints and indicated they would let the manager know. The next morning the halls were being vacuumed at 800 am. Later that day, we had to have my key re-keyed at the front desk. The front desk staff properly identified what room we were staying in and missed an opportunity to notify us of upcoming construction on our floor. At 8am we were awoken by nail guns and chop saws as the crown molding, base molding and molding around doors was being installed. The construction drove us out of our room. This was particularly disturbing as we had been in Manhattan until late the night before and had planned to lay low and re group in our room.

Upon checkout we were asked about our stay. We shared how our housekeepers exceeded our expectations and the helpfulness staff provided with navigating the subway and hailing taxis. We also shared our concerns about feeling disrespected with regards to noise and construction. The front desk gal graciously offered discounts on future stays. She also missed the mark by indicating work crews were not supposed to start until 9am and claiming the late night noise was another guest. We r in the construction business and are familiar with chiseling sounds, nail guns and chop saws. At no time in our comings and goings were we notified of day long construction occurring on the very floor we were staying on. There were general "pardon our construction:" and elevator closure signage.
When is it ever acceptable for guests to be disrespected. We have pictures mid-construction. Did any other guests experience similar?
We r not interested in any comps from this or it's sister establishment next door.

Room Tip: Stand up for customer rights. Do not assume management will do the right thing
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Hank-Nora
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Hank-Nora,

Thank you for taking the time to answer our Survey and for providing us with your opinion.

Due to our guest’s request, we decided to refurbish our establishment, and during the process, it gets worse before it gets better. It is however; very unfortunate that the renovations were not finish by the time you stayed with us, and I would like to offer you my deep apologies for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us.

I hope you will reconsider and give us another chance to make it better, once the renovations are over.

I stay at your entire service; should you have any further comments or inquiries, please feel free to contact me directly at 718-631-5900.

Adria Hotel Bayside, NY
Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed there for a few days so I think I have a fair assessment of the facility.
It is an old hotel and it seems to be fairly well maintained and even under remodeling, although the remodeling seems to be progressing somewhat slowly. I stayed a number of days and no progress was made on new carpeting (which looks like is just partially replaced) or wall paper in the halls.
There are both pros and cons on my stay:
Pros: Big number ONE – Everything is clean. I had clean beds, a clean bathroom, clean refrigerator and clean carpet and spotless white fluffy towels. The maid service is meticulous and friendly and accommodating. TWO – Everyone is friendly and helpful. If you have a problem they want to know to help make your visit pleasant. The maid service is meticulous and friendly and accommodating. THREE- Lots of “bang for the buck”. Breakfast is included. Parking is included, although tight parking spots, I always found one open, and some are covered. Coffee service in room and special machine in lobby is included. FOUR- Location walking distance to many restaurants and not too far from Bayside rail station for that trip into Manhattan.
Cons: Needs to be updated. There is work in progress for wallpaper and carpet in halls, but elevator floor is disgusting. Someone down the hall from me smoked a cigar and the smell was overwhelming in the hall, fortunately it did not penetrate into my room. Old hotel means OLD CLANGING PIPES. Could have just been the location of my room, but on the days when the temperatures required more heat the old pipes clang like a demolition construction might be going on the other side of the bathroom wall. This happens anytime during the night or day (unfortunately mostly the wee hours of the morning.)

I would stay again, but I hope they finish on the remodeling.

Room Tip: I had a room across from the elevator, maybe pipe clang would be less if you got a room down the hal...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jeansweekends
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Jeansweekends,

First of all, thank you for staying with us at the Adria Hotel, and for responding to our Survey.

I am very glad you enjoyed the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms, our Customer Services, our complimentary breakfast, as well as the multiple amenities we offer in our establishment.
I would like however to apologize about the constructions going on, as well as the noise due to the pipes. We are indeed in the process to renovate our establishment, and the work, unfortunately, doesn't go as fast as we expected.

We would be thrilled to welcome you back, once everything is done, and we would be happy to see you in our sister property, the Best Western Hotel, right next door from us, if you need to come back in the area in the meantime. The Best Western Hotel has been renovated last summer, and I am sure you will enjoy it as much as the Adria, if not better.
Please be also aware that we do offer complimentary access to the Best Western Gym facility, 24 hours / day, regardless of which of our two properties you will be staying at.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 7186315900 is I can be of any assistance,

Best regards

Adria Hotel and Conference Center, Bayside NY
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I knew when I pulled in this was not the place to be. Elevator was falling apart. The lobby was decrepit. The hallway leading to our room was in need of repair and smelled like wet paint. (There were signs stating under renovation... Didn't see what they could be renovating) The room was falling apart and the sheets were stained. We checked out and headed next door to the Best Western. Which to my surprise was clean and the same price. Avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Melissa223x
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you for choosing the Adria Hotel and Conference Center for your recent stay in Bayside, New York. It was our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you. We are however very sorry that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay.

As you could see when you were here we are undergoing some renovations. Currently the renovation is focused on the public areas of the hotel; specifically the hallways. All the carpeting, wallpaper, paint and moldings are being changed completely. I apologize that the smell of paint lingered and bothered you upon arrival. We actually try to keep our renovations to weekdays during business hours since most of our guests are outside the building during this time period. We make every attempt to air out the hallways prior to our guests returning to or checking in to the building. We also don’t do any renovation work in the evenings or weekends when we feel that it would disturb our guests the most. Again, we are so very sorry you were bothered by the paint smell. The signs were accurate but they probably were not actively working while you were there. In regards to the elevator, we are not really sure what you found to be below standard but we would love to speak to you and get your feedback directly so that we may correct anything that might be deemed unacceptable by you or any of our guests.

As for our guestrooms we did renovate them just a few years ago so we are disappointed that they didn't meet your expectations. What is totally unacceptable is the fact that you found stained sheets in your room. This should never happen but we assure you that if you had given us the opportunity to resolve this we would have done so immediately. We also will use your feedback to train our employees and make sure that no other guest has to experience this in the future.

We take great pride in our accommodations and the service we provide and it is very upsetting to hear that your experience was less then stellar. We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you had during your stay but your feedback is very much appreciated. For us the feedback we get, whether it is good or bad, is priceless.

We would love the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Please contact us directly if you wish to further discuss your experience or need anything else.

Best Regards
General Manager, Adria Hotel Bayside, NY
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The hotel was in a decent neighborhood, which I was only somewhat familar with. It had a lot of options for food, including the best fast breakfast ever across the street from it, Dunkin Doughnuts. However the issue is the distance. In order to get into Manhattan you have to take a bus, and then connect to a train. It would take up to 2 hours sometimes to get into Manhattan, unless the express bus is running (which costs $5). The Hotel staff was extremely helpful, including answer questions for me regarding the bus service when I checked in.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear DM L,

First of all, thank you for choosing the Adria Hotel for your stay in New York.

I am glad you have been enjoying our customer care and services.
Our staff was happy to help you with information you needed, and if you decide to stay with us again in the future, please know also that the LIRR train is only 10 minutes walking distance from the Hotel, and takes 25 minutes to go to Manhattan.
The Front Desk staff will be happy to provide you with any further information, including prices and schedule.

If there is anything I could assist you with, please feel free to contact me directly at 7186315900.

Adria Hotel and Conference Center, NY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayside
Best Western Queens Gold Coast
Wyndham Garden Fresh Meadows Flushing
The Roslyn Hotel
The Roslyn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Roslyn

Been to Adria Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!