“I'm a regular and intend to stay one”

Adria Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bayside
Boston, Massachusetts
“I'm a regular and intend to stay one”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

For the past six years I have needed to travel to Queens, NY on a montly basis. I always stay at the Adria Hotel. I choose to for many reasons....in no particular order...it is clean, convenient, the staff is polite and helpful. This includes not only front desk personnel but housekeepping too. Any request I've made for extra services has been promptly and professionally provided. I love the comfortable bed linnens and the extra large bath towels. The buffet breakfast is a nice time saver. I also appreciate the complimentary newspapers and coffee that are always available in the lobby. Lastly I love the in-room dvd player. It's a relaxing option to regular television. I will continue to stay at the Adria whenever my travel takes me to Queens.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the hotel are quieter that the south side; however, none of the rooms are...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank b d
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear b d,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

We are delighted to see that after so many years you still enjoy each of your stays so much.
It is our pleasure to provide the best customer services and amenities possible.

I will have the pleasure to pass on your comment to our staff, who will be very happy to hear of your appreciation.

We will be looking forward to your next visit.

Adria Hotel and Conference Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, california
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The rooms are tiny. The elevator was broken and it was a five flight walk-up to my room. The parking lot was closed so we had to park at a nearby hotel.

On the plus side the staff is friendly and the breakfast wasn't nearly as awful as I expected.

Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear AnHonestReviewerX,

Thank you for choosing the Adria Hotel and Conference Center for your recent trip to New York. We are pleased to have had the opportunity to serve you.

We are however disappointed to hear that you had some issues during your stay. The elevator did have some technical problems and this was completely unexpected. Having mechanical issues over the weekend can be difficult because we have to wait longer for a service technician to be available. We did our best to manage the elevator issues with our internal maintenance team until we could get somebody in to repair it on Sunday we are sorry this caused any difficulty for you during your stay.

As for the parking deck being closed we were doing some routine maintenance that weekend. We schedule that maintenance on the weekend due to our high volume of driving guests during the week. We had made arrangements with the Best Western next door for our guests to have access to their parking deck. We apologize that you didn't find that to be sufficient. Please be assured that our parking project is being completed and we do not anticipate doing it again, it was a one time event with an outside contractor.

We are pleased to hear that our staff was hospitable and you enjoyed the breakfast and we will share that feedback with our staff.

We are truly sorry for the issues that occurred during your stay and we certainly hope that this does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Adria Hotel and Conference Center
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Staff was welcoming, friendly, and responded very quickly to any requests that I made. My room was on the smaller side, but still clean and comfortable. I appreciate the trend in hotels toward white duvet covers that can be washed in between guests-- really like that.

My major issue with the hotel was the 1/2 smoking/ 1/2 non-smoking floor. I was on the first floor and it smelled horribly of cigarette smoke. Stepped out of the elevator and hit with the dirty smell... it was pervasive. My non-smoking room was right across from a smoking room?! So odd. Gratefully, somehow, my room itself didn't smell of smoke. In this day and age, I was really surprised that smoking rooms are on the same floor as non-smoking rooms... If you are going to have any smoking rooms, in my opinion, they should all be on the same floor, no intermixed. Yikes....

My wi-fi was a little spotty when I was trying to stream a show during what I would consider to be "peak" hours-- 7-9 pm. But when I popped off of the streaming to check email, it worked just fine (so as long as you aren't dependant upon streaming, you should be fine). Yet, that said, in the early morning hours, streaming on the wi-fi (7-9am) worked well.

Overall, I would stay here again IF I could be on a non-smoking floor? Don't know if that's possible?

Room Tip: First floor is half smoking and half non-smoking, so the hallway smells like smoke.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Caren O,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and mostly the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms, as well as our customer services.

We do have indeed a few smoking rooms left in our hotel, unfortunately not enough to fill an entire floor with them, which is the reason why we have one floor with both smoking and non smoking rooms.
I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the situation and I am happy to confirm to you that it will be absolutely possible to have a room on a complete non smoking floor during your next visit.

As we have a different Internet spot for each floor of the hotel, we will investigate on why the connection was weaker at some hours of the evening.

Please feel free to contact us anytime at reservations@adriahotelny.com for any future reservation, our staff will be glad to assist you with any request.

Florence, MA
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We arrived to a no smoking room to smell faint cigarette odor. Then we noticed an almond on the floor; clearly no one vacuumed between guests. That just left us feeling as if the room was dirty. Lastly were the toes that once wet smaller like body odor. The upside was that the desk clerk and staff were very nice.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Hamphoops12
Dear Hamphoops12,

First of all, thank you very much for answering that Survey and for sharing your experience with us. Your opinion is very important to us!

I am so sorry to see that you had such a poor experience with the cleanliness of your room, and as we are very proud of our housekeeping services usually, we will have to investigate to understand why and how such thing happened!

As you still enjoyed our customer services, we are hoping that you will consider giving us another chance to make it better for you.

Please feel free to contact our Front Office Manager, Aurelie at aartzt@adriahotelny.com, and she will be happy to take personally care of all details for you.

Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Adria for one night with our family. Having seen several poor reviews, we were not expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice the place is. The staff checking us in were very courteous and helpful. The lobby was small but clean. The hallways, again, clean and nicely maintained. The rooms were extremely clean. Our a/c was broken, so after a single phone call, they had someone in our room to look at the a/c unit within 5 minutes. Upon learning that it could not be prepared, they moved us to a different room where the a/c was working just fine. Breakfast was provided in the morning and was decent. They offered free wifi which is a definite plus. The only downside was that there is only one elevator, but at least we didn't find ourselves waiting for a long time. We will definitely stay here again when visiting the area int he future.

Room Tip: Our room was on the opposite side of the main street and had a small view of the water.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nitariddle
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Nitariddle

First of all, thank you for booking with us, regardless the poor reviews you saw, and thank you so much for sharing your great experience with us!

I am so glad to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and mostly the cleanliness of our property, our complimentary amenities and our customer services.
Thank you also for your understanding regarding the A/C unit, and I am glad our Staff managed to solve the problem so fast.

We will be looking forward to see you very soon again!

Adria Hotel NY
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Wonderful, customer service, excellent breakfast, very friendly staff. rooms were clean. very quiet and peaceful. the cost was very reasonable. looking forward to staying again. Free Wi-Fi,
the beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Very Clean
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lorna M
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Lorna M

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am very happy to see how much you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms, as well as our customer services.
I am also glad to see that you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, such as breakfast and wireless Internet.

We will be looking forward seeing you again, and if I can be of any assistance in the future, feel free to contact me directly at 718-361-5900

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great Experience. Stayed three nights- good breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, well maintained and great connectivity. Restful and quiet ambience. would stay here again. Most facilities available .

Room Tip: try any - most are good
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear B3amt3am,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about your stay at the Adria Hotel.

I am very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and mostly the comfort of our room, and our customer services.
We will be looking forward to see you very soon again!

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can help with anything else, at 718-631-5900

Adria Hotel and Conference Center, NY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayside
Best Western Queens Gold Coast
Wyndham Garden Fresh Meadows Flushing
The One Boutique Hotel
The One Boutique Hotel
#10 of 18 in Flushing

Been to Adria Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!