“Relaxing fun day @ Fort Totten Park”
Review of Fort Totten

Fort Totten
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Bayside
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Cool spot to walk and see some history while also enjoying the playground & the view from across the ocean.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I often ride my bike through Fort Totten. It is very peaceful and the scenery is lovely. You can even arrange a guided tour with the park ranger to see the actual fort that they have there. All together a great experience :]

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Even though it is a Military Base, you can enter by foot and enjoy great views and empty space. Also you can see the beautiful scenery of old houses and even a museum in Fort Totten.
Great place everytime, been there several times.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

visited the place during summer and fall. People were fishing on the shore. Nice to take a stroll around it and enjoy the peace and water.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I visit this place when its summer time and I want to take my kids to a local pool to enjoy. Its a walk from the entrance to walk all the way to the pool maybe 10-15 min walk. there is a large swimming pool and a kiddy pool. This past summer kiddie pool was closed due to budget cuts. The pool water is cold, not the best pools I prefer them to be heated...I don't like the fact that they close from 2-3pm or 3-4pm for a break/lunch. I think its a way of saving money or something...Everyone has to get out leave the pool area and then come back when they re open again. this is a big hassle, especially when you have kids with strollers..

its fun for kids to play in pool and all..but if I had to change anything..

I would put more staff so they open the kiddie pool without delays.
I would make the pools heated, because in the summer the water is ice cold
And I would rotate the lifeguards and the staff so they take turns at lunchtime so they don't have to close the whole pool area for 1 hr its a waste of time..