“May 31, 2014”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bayside
Fort Edward, New York
“May 31, 2014”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we were in NYC for a family event. Check in was prompt. We were assigned to a double room when we had requested a king room. We were able to switch rooms with no difficulty. Unfortunately the temperature in the room when we arrived was 78 degrees while the hallway was a cool 64-66 I would guess. The thermostat in the room would only go to 72, no cooler and we like to sleep at 64-65 degrees. The king bed was very comfortable but in the double we first were assigned the beds seemed uncomfortable when we sat on one. The hotel was quit on a Tuesday night. Breakfast was typical but with the addition of scrambled eggs and warm waffles. Check-out was prompt. The hotel was clean. I requested a room not near the elevator or stairs and we were assigned a room next to the stairs. Overall it was an OK experience only due to the temperature issue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Michele L
Vinnie M, Front Office Manager at Best Western Queens Gold Coast, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Michele L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to take the time to leave a comment about your stay with us: Your opinion is very important to us!

First of all, I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding between the room types and requests, and mostly for the A/C issues you encountered during your stay with us.
Please be aware that someone is at the Front Desk 24 hours a day, and all the agents would be more than happy to assist you with any matter at any time. 3
We sent our Engineer to check the room, and the issue has been already fixed.

Should you give us another chance to make it better for you, please feel free to contact me directly at 718-631-4900 or by email at aartzt@bestwesternbaysideny.com, and I will be happy to personally take care of your reservation and requests. We will of course make sure the A/C and all devices in the room works properly.

I stay at your entire disposition if you have any further inquiries,

Aurelie Artzt
Front Office Supervisor
Best Western Bayside Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
west warwick, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Hotel was very good place to stay. would stay there again. staff was kind and courteous. breakfast was ok, pillows were to firm for my liking. didn't try restaurant so can't speak of that. parking was tight but secure. hotel was very practical to where I was working.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Vinnie M, General Manager at Best Western Queens Gold Coast, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Timothy P,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to answer our Survey.

I am very glad to see how much you appreciated our customer services, and you enjoyed the location of our Hotel.
We were considering to buy different types of pillows in order to satisfy the taste to all our customer, so your comment will be very useful to us.
We will be looking forward to see you soon again.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any further inquiries, by dialing 718-631-4900

Best Western, Bayside NY
Plattsburgh, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

First time in this area. Hotel is on the smaller size, but large with help and accommodations. Easy access to NYC and other areas on LI. Neighborhood is pleasant and there are some good eateries close by. We had an excellent stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Robert J,

First of all, thank you for staying at the Best Western Hotel, and thank you for taking the time to answer our Survey.

We will be looking forward to see you soon again.

Best Western, Bayside NY
Mumbai
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Rating it 4 basically for its location, which is on Northern Boulevard and 10 blocks from Bell street.
The hotel seems to be showing its age and can do with some refurbishing.

Details below.

Pros:
1. Location . Walking distance from just about everything (Including Bayside LIRR rail).
2. Parking onsite (However can be full if there is an event in the hotel. However you can park at their sister hotel - Adria).
3. Good climate control.
4. Free and very fast WIFI (unsecured though).
5. Lots of charging points.

Cons:
1. Queen rooms facing the parking lot are smaller, but may be quieter.
2. Small bathroom. Wash basin was outside the bath and in the room.
3. Breakfast was decent. Scrambled eggs daily for 7 days. A little variety could help.
4. No stairs to the parking lot. Only one lift and it was very slow. Note that the Lobby is the lowest floor, followed by parking and then the rooms start.

Overall I would stay again there for its location. However if there are 2 of you avoid the smaller queen rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are bigger.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shayne P
Vinnie M, General Manager at Best Western Queens Gold Coast, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear ShayneP

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your experience at the Best Western Bayside Inn.

I am glad to see you enjoyed the location of our Hotel, as well as our multiple amenities such as free parking lot or high speed internet.

Should you come back to visit family again, please feel free to request for a Front View room as they are slightly bigger than the back view rooms. Due to their front location, they are a little better soundproof, and as long as the windows are closed, you won’t hear a noise from outside.

We just started to offer our Complimentary Buffet, and we are doing our best to daily improve our services. We thank you for your opinion and will take it in very strong consideration.

We will be looking forward to see you again

Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact me directly at 718-631-4900

Best Western Bayside Inn, NY
chicago
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Although not luxurious by any means, the BW is very convenient in a good location (for us to be near family). The rooms are small but comfortable; the bathrooms are tiny and I think we had the smallest one (#301). For the most part, service was good: I did not care for the agent who checked us in but otherwise service was OK - although one night our room was not made up. The manager Vinnie made it up to us. Also, twice (out of 3 nights) both our room keys were de-magnetized. All in all, a good place to stay, comfortable, and good value for the money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Dear HelenwChicago

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your experience at the Best Western.

I am glad to see you enjoyed the location of our Hotel, and the comfort of our rooms.
We are indeed a small property, but we do our best to compensate with our Customer Services.

Someone is available at the Front Desk 24 hours / day, and the agents will be happy to assist you with any request: even if the housekeeping team is no longer available, we can provide with fresh towels or amenities at any time of the day or the night.

I do apologize, but our keys are indeed a little sensitive, and any proximity with a cellphone, credit card or other static object, could de-magnetize it. We do recommend to leave them in the little paper pocket we gave you at check in, and to leave it in a different pocket.

We hope to see you soon again.

Best Western Bayside Inn, Ny
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I'm actually in the room right now the room itself is very clean however extremely tiny almost shockingly small. I feel for a little over $200.00 on a Tuesday at ten pm I could have been offered a better rate but I had no choice. Again clean adequate. But if your not keen on a tight slightly over priced space. Move on

Amanda

• Stayed April 2014
Vinnie M, General Manager at Best Western Queens Gold Coast, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Mamatrezza,

First of all, thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to leave a comment about your experience. Your opinion is very important to us.

I am glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of our room, but am sorry the size was not at your satisfaction.
If you decide to come back, please feel free to request for a Front view Room, as they are slightly bigger than the rooms at the back.
Our rate are subject to the availability, and we were almost sold out for that entire week. On more quiet dates, our rates can absolutely go lower. We would also be very happy, in the future, to match any rate if you find something better on the internet.

Feel free to contact me directly if I can help with anything in the future, at 718-631-4900.

Best Western Bayside, NY
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed three nights.
The bathrooms are small, but clean.
There is a cofee machine in the bedroom, but once you use it, you don't get new capsules.
The beds are old - Some very hard, some sagging. We all (even my 10 yo) ended up with back pains. Also, the beds are very small double beds, so if you are two big people, it will be a tight fit in the same bed.
The rooms are relatively clean, and that is good.
Complimentry breakfast is simple, but satisfying.
The LIRR train is a 10 minute walk away, and that gives easy access to NY city.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Yaron R
Vinnie M, General Manager at Best Western Queens Gold Coast, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Yaron R,

First of all, thank you for staying at the Best Western Hotel, and for taking the time to leave a comment about your stay with us. Your opinion is very important to us.

I am glad to see you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms, our complimentary breakfast buffet, as well as the location of the hotel
I’m sorry you didn't enjoy the comfort of our beds, but I can assure you that we changed all our beds and mattresses last summer.
We do also have different size of beds, depending on the category of the room, from Doubles, to Queen, to King size beds, please feel free to make any request at reservation.

The coffee cups are supposed to be refilled everyday, I will make sure to remind the housekeeper about it, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any further inquires, at 718-631-4900.

Best Western Bayside, NY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayside
Adria Hotel And Conference Center
#6 of 18 in Flushing
The Parc Hotel
The Parc Hotel
#5 of 18 in Flushing

Been to Best Western Queens Gold Coast? Share your experiences!