“Thank you!”

Mt. Beacon Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beacon
Mt. Beacon Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Beacon B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Thank you!”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We had the most wonderful stay at Mt Beacon B&B. Beautiful rooms, delicious breakfast and the most generous and thoughtful host. Lauren gave us great tips for where to eat and suggested we climb Mt Beacon. The view was totally worth it! Will be back for sure.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Went up for one night to attend a wedding in Beacon. The owners could have not been more lovely and welcoming. I needed an iron it was waiting for me when we returned from lunch. They also gave a wonderful lunch recommendation and provided a yummy hot breakfast. the rooms are very large and decorated in a delightful manner. i wish it had been in the summer as i saw the beautiful pool from the website. I hope to return sometime! i felt so welcome!

Room Tip: there are 3 rooms all are lovely.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank fritzNewYorkCity
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at Mt Beacon for a weekend away. The owners, mother and daughter, were friendly and gracious. It's a beautiful home with a pool! We had lovely breakfasts and were only a 10 minute walk to Main street. The B&B is a bit more modern than others we stayed in, hard wood floors which suits our style. I would recommend Mt Beacon.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robin F
Amityville, New York, United States
Reviewed 10 September 2012

The Mt. Beacon B&B is a beautiful home. Unfortunately, that's where it ends. We arrived and were greeted by the caretaker (the owner's brother) in messy work clothes, who simply handed us our keys and walked us up to the room. That was it. We saw no one again until we arrived back at the house after dinner in town. It was a quick handshake at the front door and a, "Welcome. Hope you like your stay."

Because no one was there to recommend a good restaurant for dinner, we had a lousy meal at a Thai restaurant in town. I sat up in a chair all night with indigestion!

We had to remove the filter from the air conditioner and clean off months worth of packed on dust just to get the air flowing through it. We also had to run a cloth over all the furniture and the headboard to remove a layer of dust from everything. The pillow cases did not smell fresh and we wondered if the sheets had been changed. I found a supply closet in the hall and swapped our unfresh smelling pillowcases for some clean ones.

The queen sized bed was very uncomfortable - slanting down on one side. We both woke up with back aches in the morning.

The website description of this room was a bit misleading too. It said we would have our own private bathroom, but in reality, the bathroom was in the hall - adjacent to the room. So you had to open your door and step out into the hall to go to the bathroom. If I knew that, I would have packed a bathrobe!

The shower drain was stopped up with accumulated long hair from previous visitors which caused a pool of dirty water to accumulate around my ankles as I washed. No mat in the tub made moving in the shower a slippery precarious situation and not safe.

Breakfast was supposed to be," banana walnut waffles," but the owner/cook came out to tell us that "OOPS!" there was a snafu with the waffle iron and - too bad - we would have to choose something else.

We asked for simple scrambled eggs, no bacon, and toast, just to get going, since it was already almost 10:00 at that point. Twenty minutes later we were given an omelete and toast. (Didn't we ask for scrambled eggs??) The toast was wonderful - made from homemade bread.

All in all - not the best B&B experience. We won't be returning.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Christine V
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My wife and I had just completed the first day of our Motorcycle trip. It was a pretty cold day and we were very tired, having only had a few hours sleep the night before. Needless to say, the big bed and hot shower were much needed amenities. My wife and I stayed in the Captains Stateroom. It was not like going into a Maritime Museum, but it was a fun unique flare added to the room, as I am a merchant marine by trade. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was not connected to the room, however it was right next door and was for our room only. The shower was a nice old clawfoot and the bathroom was clean and spacious. The house itself was an interesting old home and was beautifully maintained. Although they have a pool, it was too early and not opened yet. The breakfast was also nice and having a newspaper at the table was a nice bonus also. The breakfast was unique and quite tasty, my wife and I actually got the recipe for the egg dish we had. The day we left I had a couple of adjustments I had to make on my bike (it was a brand new bike and I had no tools), they were very helpful and provided me with the tools necessary to do what I needed to do.

My only complaint was that I thought it was closer to main street that it was. I thought it would be an easy walk. But it was pretty far and quite a bit farther to the restaurant where we had dinner. But we rode the bike to dinner (which was great too), and there was no problem.

It was a little pricey compared to the other inns where we stayed, but hey, its in NY...everything is more in NY (even upstate). Overall it was a good stay and I would go back for sure.

Room Tip: Although detached, the bathroom that goes with the Captains room was nice with great shower.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William M
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Positives - the place is clean, beautifully decorated and quite spacious. Also, close to Main Street. Negatives: VERY thin walls - we could clearly hear conversations in the next room over (as well as snoring!) - so we felt like we had to whisper the entire time we were there. Two words: mood killer. Breakfast was okay, but served very slowly.

Also, kind of annoying that on their website prices are clearly listed for each room - but when you make a reservation for weekend dates the prices are $10-$15 higher. For the price we paid, I was expecting a better experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ladydid
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We went up to Beacon and Cold Spring, NY for a quiet weekend away. The Mt. Beacon Bed & Breakfast turned out to be the perfect place for us to stay. The Master Suite is a large room with a four-poster bed, a fireplace with two chairs in front of it, and a sofa with a TV/DVD. The bathroom, which is within the suite, had a large clawfoot tub/shower. There's also a walk-in closet/pantry where you can keep your suitcases and hang up your clothes and coats. The room and bathroom were pristine, as was the rest of the beautiful, 100-year-old house.

It was a cold fall night when we stayed there, one of the proprietors, Barbara, offered to make a fire in the room. After we came back from dinner in town, she brought up the wood and kindling and set up the fire for us, which we got roaring through the wee hours. She also got us wine glasses so we could drink the bottle of wine we had brought (they also had a corkscrew in the room). We found a couple of great movies in their library and watched them in front of the fire.

Breakfast is a little late, starting at about 9:00 a.m. But they have a full Sunday Times for each room, which is a nice treat. Our leisurely breakfast included coffee, orange juice, yogurt with fresh sliced bananas, and a slice of portobello mushroom quiche with some buttered French bread toast. After breakfast on Sunday, we went into town, where Lauren recommended the Farmer's Market on the water by the train station. We got some great local Dutch tarts, fresh ravioli, and pecan butter. I would also recommend Hudson Glass in town for some great gift shopping.

Room Tip: The Master Suite was lovely, with a sofa, an en suite bathroom, and a lot of space.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ML10022
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beacon
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill
Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill
Hampton Inn Fishkill
Hampton Inn Fishkill
#1 of 14 in Fishkill

Been to Mt. Beacon Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!