“Perfect host for a weekend getaway.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beacon
Chrystie House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Beacon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

A welcoming host, who fills the house with his art, provides a
calming backdrop to a quiet excursion. It was exactly the tonic my wife and I needed after a hectic month. A great breakfast, accompanied by a lively and pleasant conversation with an intelligent, gentle and gracious innkeeper.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Moksi
There are newer reviews for Chrystie House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 7 July 2013

My wife and I just returned from a two night stay at the Chrystie House B & B in Beacon. Chyrstie House is a GEM. It is very easy to get to from NYC by car or by train. On the road as you approach the house, you look up at this very beautiful, meticulous, stately but warm home on 4 acres of beautifully cared for land. Mr. Lee, the proprietor, greeted us. He is a warm, caring, engaging man, eager to share his love of and the history of his beautiful inn. He is very proud of all of the work that he has done to restore this historic building and like all ongoing projects, he ceaselessly works to maintain and improve his B & B. Our room was large, clean, comfortably appointed and well air-conditioned (throughout the 90 degree-plus weekend). There were extra amenities in our room including filtered water, cable TV and 5 closets. The breakfast each morning, which he caters from a local gourmet restaurant, is fresh and delicious. The common spaces of the house are sophisticated. This B & B is not cluttered. There are beautiful paintings all around which were painted by the very talented Mr. Lee, who is an artist, a historian, an illustrator and an exemplary host. He pays attention to every detail. He is solicitous, sincere, yet not obsequious It is obvious that it is very important to him that every guest is happy with their stay. Again, we had a terrific time at the Chrystie House and really recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Biocus
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at Chrystie House for our 31st anniversary. What a lovely surprise! Our room was gorgeous! Our host, Yuan Lee, was an absolute delight and a pleasure to to have met. To share his life-long passion for art and history added such meaning and depth to our stay. Again, the house is lovely, and painstakingly restored. Yuan Lee's paintings are extraordinary, and his knowledge of American and local history is second to none. Treat yourself!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michele S
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We are already planning a return visit to the area this fall and look forward to hearing more about the history of Beacon from Yuan, who is a wealth of information. He also provided great suggestions of sites to visit. The Chrystie House is an amazing building, decorated in large part with Yuan's fabulous paintings. The grounds are gorgeous as well and we got to enjoy them over a yummy breakfast on the patio. See you in the fall!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I'm not staying at a hotel. At Cristie House, I am back to the history to admire the glory and beauty of history. To admire Yuan's timeless collections and Yuan's master pieces, his paintings and his knowledge about arts and history. His dedication to preserve the America history at all costs. I'm impressed with his determination to save and renovate the Christie House from been knocked down to be built to residential housing complex.

It's a must visit place when you come to Beacon!

Room Tip: Choose the room Mr. William Few Jr. (1748–1828), a Founding Father of the United States used to liv...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Just back from a lovely stay at Chrystie House. The owner and host, Mr. Lee, is a storehouse of information about the history of the house and the entire area. All of the rooms are large and the entire house is beautifully furnished. Enjoyed a delicious breakfast alfresco while taking in views of large old trees and wildlife. Very peaceful setting. The area is a treasure trove of great restaurants and art. We especially enjoyed a trip across the Hudson to Storm King Art Center. There is a lot to see and do in the area and when we return we plan to stay at Chrystie House again!

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and beautifully furnished.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I really enjoyed my stay the first time and, with friends in the area, I knew I would return. The house is still a great place to stay in the Hudson Valley NY area.

The host (Yuan Lee) is gracious, attentive, very informative and entertaining. After my first visit, I searched his name and found how renowned he is as an artist. His knowledge of the area and the house he restored is deep and fascinating.

Each room is comfortable, well decorated and has Yuan's own artwork. For the summer, he has placed portable air conditioners in each room which allows the guests to regulate their own climate. Since I am no fan of central air conditioning, this was a huge plus for me.

The breakfast is a true breakfast consisting of coffee, juice, a fresh fruit salad, pastry and a piece of quiche. That breakfast held me until dinner time. Since the weather was cooperative, Yuan served the breakfast outside.

I really cannot recommend this bed and breakfast highly enough.

Room Tip: I would suggest looking on the website to select the room that is best for you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank rattacasal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beacon
The Inn And Spa At Beacon
Hampton Inn Fishkill
Hampton Inn Fishkill
#1 of 14 in Fishkill
Hampton Inn & Suites Newburgh Stewart Airport

Been to Chrystie House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!