“Service needs improvement”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I love this place but my sever today even with how slow it is. Sucks and blows. Timeliness order, accuracy and attention is severely lacking

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were a party of four. The other couple had previously visited. However, unfortunately for us, the evening we choose to dine there was an event upstairs. It was obvious that their efforts were dedicated to the event upstairs. I ordered a salad with avocados and grilled shrimp. The shrimp were overcooked and the avocados were missing. When I pointed out the situation to the waitress, she told me about the party upstairs. She then returned with gucamolie (spelling) to add to the salad and said that they had run out of avocado due to the party upstairs. Who would ever substitute that in a salad!! It was rather tiresome hearing about the party upstairs. Perhaps if they can not handle an event and a restaurant, they should close the restaurant during an event. It is my opinion that she displayed a real attitude. Later she came back and offered a dessert. I do not eat desserts and politely declined. At no point did the manager come to apologize. All I wanted was, what I had ordered from the menu. The other couple stated that their food was not as good as their previous visit. There are plenty of good restaurants around to spend my money for good food and service. The above stated comments reflect an opinion and perception. We will never return.

1  Thank Christine B
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a spot to watch FA Cup semi-final. They put the match on with sound. Great staff, great food and good selection of drafts. Try the lamb burger, you will not regret it!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

The food we ordered was not fresh. You can't serve old fries and stale buns with inattentive service and expect people to come back. The luke- warm tap beer doesn't help either. When we complained to the manager (a young kid) he did nothing and seemed bothered. Poorly run business with terrible food. Go elsewhere.

1  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We came here for pints and wound up staying for dinner. I had the Shepherds Pie and my lady had the burger. My pie was great, but that burger was insane!!! I was lucky enough to get 1 bite. Just awesome!! Highly recommend this neighborhood spot