“Great photography spot”

46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great photography spot”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Great views of the Hudson River and Bear Mt. Bridge from Perkins Memorial Drive. Also has great views around the Bear Mt. Inn and adjacent lake.

2 Thank SteveLandco

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
philippines
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“It was all forest and green”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had some time in the morning and decided to see what was in the park. It is very peaceful with no people and cars in the park. All you see is green and serenity.
The only problem was there was no place to stop, no person to talk to. It is more of a forest than a park.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank gladysdv1
Brooklyn, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Wonderfull getaway !!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This amazing state park is only 30-40min of scenic drive from NYC. We recommend you to make one stop on your way to Harriman Park. You'll definitely enjoy wonderful views of State Line Lookout- exit 3 on Pallisades Pkwy. We usually have breakfast there in the small, romantic, old-fashioned café and then continue our pleasant ride to the park.
In Harriman park you could have all the civil and wild activities for people of all ages and interests.
Welch Lake is the most commercial area and usually very crowded. Sandy beach makes Welch Lake very attractive for tourists.
If you prefer quieter places we recommend to try Kanawauke, Tiorati or Silvermine Lake.

Harriman park is very large and you need to visit it several times to discover you favorite area. We were there about 10 times and always found something new.
We also recommend to visit Perkins Memorial Tower. Views are breathtaking there!

Visited May 2014
11 Thank lovelycouple1982
New York City, New York
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great Day in the Woods!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is in the same area as Bear Mountain State Park - they are pretty much interchangeable (at least we think so!). The hiking is amazing. I love the variety of trails you can choose from - you can stay on flat ground if you want or you can hike to the top of the mountain and get rugged terrain in. The hills can be really rocky, which we love. We pack lunch and make a day of it. Hike for a few hours, eat at the top, then hike back down. We usually spend about 4-5 hours here.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank Melissa1130
Midland Park, New Jersey
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great for hiking”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I drive through several times a week on my way to and from work. Very scenic, with every kind of bird and mammal imaginable. Very scenic, especially in the fall, and at sunrise and sunset. The park police are a nasty bunch, however. I pulled my car over along one of the lakes at 6a to take a picture of the sunrise, and the cop told me I couldn't park there, even though I was standing next to my car for a 5 minute photo. So unless you want to hike or walk long distances along the road, it's not easy taking pictures.

Visited October 2013