We stayed at the Overlook Lodge last weekend as we were attending a wedding at the Bear Mountain Inn. We thought better of leaving the wedding and driving out onto dark, winding roads. The lodge is near the inn, small but friendly and welcoming. They have a few amenities at the front desk. Purchased an additional bottle of wine. Small breakfast spread in the morning. I had no food but the coffee was good.
The room was 2 double beds, which were comfortable. Bathroom was clean with minimum but very nice toiletries.
The stay at the lodge wasn't planned and I wasn't really expecting much. I will definitely consider returning to this location. Although we are not campers or hikers, the area was lovely. if you do spend the day outdoors, the Overlook Lodge is a nice room in which to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge features 24 guestrooms with either a commanding view of the Hudson River or the forests of Bear Mountain. Our newly enhanced guest rooms are a great reason to rediscover Bear Mountain featuring a luxurious, distinctly rustic feel to match the lodge's spectacular location and views. The Hudson Ballroom offers breathtaking views of both the Hudson River and Hessian Lake for your meeting or celebrations, up to 180 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Bear Mountain Inn's Overlook Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Mountain Inn`s Overlook Hotel Bear Mountain
- Overlook Hotel Bear Mountain